NOOOO i have ruined my engagement ring!!

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
Was about to put LO down for a nap and he was being a rascal running from room to room. Finally got him out the lounge so I went to shut the door behind me and somehow my ring (which is a little loose lately as I have lost weight) got caught on the door handle and it's now bent out of shape and I don't know if I can fix it!!

I now also have a swollen finger and red grazes on the top from where it got caught...my OH will be so upset. I've had that ring 3 years :cry:

Oh no. I work in a jewellers so I am pretty sure if you take the ring into your local jewellers they should be able to reshape it for you. We have a workshop out the back where I work and our goldsmith does jobs like that all the time. I hope you get it sorted. xx

OMG I could have wrote the same thing a few years back! On the door handle!!Mines is still bent, I ended up getting a new one but you can get it back into shape if you see a jeweller

You'd be amazed at what a jeweller can do hun, honest.

xx

I did this with a ring a few years ago and my OH put it on a pool cue and tapped it back into shape with a little hammer. Not very hi-tech I know :haha:

But because of it being your engagement ring and obviously very important to you, I'd take it to a jewellers to be on the safe side.

Yes, don't worry it's fixable hun. I worked in a jewellers before having Fran and while we didn't have a repairer onsite, we could straighten most rings instore and those that were a bit beyond our capabilities could be sent away xx

Aww that sucks you should go to a jewellars see if they can bend it back into shape Hun :)

Thanks girls, will take it this week. OH was luckily not upset at all, he found it hilarious for some reason :shrug: men eh?!

A jeweller I used to use when I lived at home used to reshaped rings for free, they used to push them onto a tapered pole to make them circular again.

If you need work doing to correct lumps and bumps on the surface of the ring that'll cost ya but go into an independent jewellers (usually much more likely to so work in the shop that offsite) and ask.

A jeweller I used to use when I lived at home used to reshaped rings for free, they used to push them onto a tapered pole to make them circular again.

If you need work doing to correct lumps and bumps on the surface of the ring that'll cost ya but go into an independent jewellers (usually much more likely to so work in the shop that offsite) and ask.

This is exactly what I used when I worked in a jewellers. Covered the ring with a soft cloth and used a wooden hammer to gently reshape the ring. If the shank was very thin they would often straighten out just by being pushed onto the ring stick!

I bet a jeweller can make it look brand new! I bent a ring and lost stones out of it by accidentally standing on it :oops: and it came back looking like nothing ever happened to it! Hope you get it sorted soon! :hugs:

Oh :hugs: I've done this with a smaller ring and it SMARTS! :hugs: H Samuel straighted out mine for free :)

Depending on where you got it from it may have a guarantee or warranty-- mine covers lost stones even. Hope you can get it fixed!

My DH bent his wedding ring when he fell and caught it on the way down. As previous posters have said jewellers can sort it out. It came back all lovely and clean and shiny too! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->