Norethisterone followed by clomid, anyone else? What should i expect? Advice please

babygirlhall

Mummy to Josh and Maisie
Reaction score
Hi,
I went to see the gynaecologist today regarding pcos and non-existant af since Aug 2010! Anyway i had a internal scan and he said i only have mild pcos so thats fab. He gave me norethisterone 5mg twice a day for five days to bring on af then clomid 50mg twice a day for days 1-5 of my cycle. I also have to go and get my progesterone levels done on day 21.
Has anyone else been given these meds? What should i expect and anyone with any success stories? How long after stopping the norethisterone meds will af arrive? :shrug:
Im really excited about trying them, i really hope it works for me and i get my bfp very soon :winkwink:

I am on a Provera/Clomid regimen. I'm currently on my third cycle of Clomid- started at 50 mg, moved up to 100 mg and didn't ov on either so now I'm on 150 mg.

I'm not sure about the norethisterone, but I'm guessing it will work similarly to Provera. I have taken it 4 times and the first 3 times started 2-3 days after my last pill. This last time it took 5 days after my last pill.

As far as what to expect- I didn't really have a lot of bad side effects on Clomid. Mainly just hot flashes, headaches, a bit of dizziness, and just generally feeling a bit more emotional. It will vary from person to person. I have a friend who got pregnant on her first round of 50 mg of Clomid, and I've read online about women who had to take a few rounds before they got their BFP.

Good luck hon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->