• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Norethisterone -- ovulation?

amaii

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Due to my spottings my gynaecologist has prescribed Primolut N for me. I'm going to take them CD15-24. However, I sometimes don't ovulate until day 16 or 17... Will the norethisterone prevent ovulation if I take it on day 15 and that's one or two days before ovulation?

My gyn said it wouldn't affect my chances of getting pregnant, but if it prevents ovulation I assume I might as well be on the pill for the coming three cycles. We've been ttc:ing for almost 8 months now, so I don't feel like wasting time... :nope:

Oops! Didn't realise there were two different forums called TTC... If I could I would move this one to the TTC forum that isn't in the lounge area. My apologies.

Hi Hun:wave:
My gyne also done the same thing for me after almost continual bleeding from october last year thru to may of this year. She also said it shouldn't affect pregnancy chances but I am inclined to think the same as you.
If you chart or can accurately pinpoint Ov hun I think I would stick to taking it after Ov just incase. She maybe just using the textbook rule of cd14 = ov thereby effectively telling you to take it from 1dpo.
Hope you get that :bfp: soon:hugs:

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I've been thinking about that too... I usually test with OPK sticks so I might try that (at least try until day 17). Sitting here, a few days afterwards, I wonder why she didn't ask me about my cycle. She's very popular though and hard to get to talk to over the phone and my next visit's in December so I thought I should ask here.

If anyone else has any thoughts (or knows anything), please share! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"