Normal aches and pains or start of preterm labour?

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies I don't know what to make of the symptoms I'm getting so wondering if any one can shed some light on them ?

I have been having Braxton hicks constantly all day long for weeks now but they arnt changing my cervix. I have way more than 5-6 an hour but was told this was ok by the hospital due to them not affecting my cervix.

Since last night I have had constant back ache, it's not too painful but it hurts, especially when I bend over or I'm walking. My bump is also hurting aswel, it feels all achey but it dosnt come in waves, it's just achey. So I don't think it's contractions... But then again you never know, could it be? Or is it ligaments?

I have also lost a bit of mucus plug this morning but it wasn't bloody.

Could I be having signs of preterm labour or is it a growth spurt ?

I'm just basically waiting to see what happens and if the pain gets worse or if there's any signs of blood.

Does any one feel the same ??

I don't want to keep going to the hospital for false alarms as I am there often and I have a little girl to look after, she gets upset when I leave her, so trying to leave her as little as possible :)

Any advice would be great

It's so hard to tell I'm in the same situation but the last time I went to the hospital they said if the contractions are 3 min apart and so painful I can hardly breath then to come in..so I guess we ignore the small aches and pains until they become worse and more frequent.

That's what they told me, they basically want me screaming in pain before I can go in. I just feel like somthing is happening though with all the aches and pains, it's quite frustrating not knowing if anything is going on

I know...and hearing other people say they didn't get contractions or that there contractions never got any worse than period pains makes everything so much more confusing....luckily I'm only like 5 min from the hospital. I think I'll probably have one more false labor scare before I'm actually in labor if the hospital doesn't talk me into inducing...that's usually what they do when you have more than one labor scare after 38 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->