Normal Cycles??

faith2bmum

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone can help me I'm trying to work out the best time to DTD but my periods are acting weird. I came off the pill (femodene) last Sept and since then been a bit irregular but things seemed to have worked themselves out now.

I was 29 days, 35 days, 29 days, 35 days! Then the last 3 have all been 38 days........I read it takes about 6 mths for things to get more normal.......so do you reckon that I now have a 38 day cycle?

I have been trying to use ovulation sticks but I think I keep testing too early and running out of sticks :dohh:

I know that I'm NTNP but can't help myself, I think I should move to TTC!:blush:

Do you look for signs within your body? Like ewcm, hornyness (haha!), ov pains etc? I've not had a properly natural cycle since i was about 15 so I'm afraid I'm not much help but I didn't want to read and run.

Apparently you're more attractive to a man when you're ov-ing, so if your OH starts paying you more attention than usual get on it! ha :D x

If your cycles are 38 days, you're probably ovulating somewhere between CD22 and CD26 (based on the idea that the average Luteal Phase is 12 to 16 days long) so I would start using OPKs around CD20 and do them twice per day (late morning, and early evening) until you get your positive. Then you'll likely ovulate 12-36 hours after your first positive OPK. Good luck!

Thanks guys, mmm I'm hopeless at spotting signs but have noticed he has been paying me more attention tonight haha! I'm on cycle day 23 today and was thinking OV might be this weekend so at least I'm on the right track. Will have to pop to tesco's for some more OPK's!

I got off the Mirena in Sep and have had the same problem. I would have to agree with ferens06. Start looking for other physical signs. And Cervix checking is good too. Good luck I feel the same way!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->