Normal to be having normal milk intake whilst weaning?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My LO has just started on 2 meals today...breakfast and lunch. He usually has 4 8oz bottles a day. This morning i gave him his milk at 7am then 2 hours later i gave him his breakfast...then he had his milk and then his lunch...

I spoke to the HV and she told me to offer his food first...but i don't feel it is going to work for me...isn't is normal for a baby to drink his usual amount of milk at first?...as he is only having so many spoonfuls of food, its not as if he is eating loads? x

I give her food first because it works for us but if it didn't I wouldn't xx

I've tried to give food first but it doesn't work for us. Ruby is on 3 meals a day and takes 4 7oz bottles. I thought that baby milk is still their main food until their one? What works for one baby won't necessarily work for another.

I've tried to give food first but it doesn't work for us. Ruby is on 3 meals a day and takes 4 7oz bottles. I thought that baby milk is still their main food until their one? What works for one baby won't necessarily work for another.

Thats what i thought thats why i got a bit confused...tbh i think everyone tells you something different...:confused:

Max is still having at least 30 oz of milk per day with his 3 meals :)

Why dont you offer LO food between bottles and give LO a drink of water to quench thirst. Thats what I have been trying

I always give Ruby her bottles first as they have more goodness for her than her solids xx

lady you seem to be just as confused as me lately :rofl:

i give jen her solids first ...if she is settled enough if not i'll give her halfway through a feed if she'll let me take the bottle out of her mouth...lol

my LO hs his solids first as per the docs advise but I'm abotu to change it as he is getting full on solids (he does eat more than a few spoon fulls...maybe i'm giving him too much?) and then doesnt want his milk...

am trying things the other way around today.

Colton has three full Stage 2 jars and still have an 8oz bottle every 3 hours. He's still having 35-45oz of formula a day, with all his food.

wow.. he eats alot. I didn't realize. I know he still eats every 3 hours: 8oz, but when you add it up to total oz of formula a day, it looks like alot more. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->