Normal to feel wet "down there"?? Possible fluid leak??

mari35racz36

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I am almost 24 weeks with baby #4. For the past 24hrs I've been feeling wet in my vag area. Sorry if TMI!! It does not get my underwear wet, I just feel it constantly. It very thin and watery like. No cramps. I just tend to worry!! Anyone else experience this??

It may be just an increase in your discharge. If you were leaking fluid it would definitely hit your underwear and more. I had a little bit of spotting and passed a small clot last week. By the time we got to L&D I had orange streaks on my pad mixed with liquid and they thought I ruptured. Tests confirmed that I didn't. The nurse was asking me questions about feeling liquid running down my leg. Need to constantly go pee and nothing coming out, etc.

It's completely normal! I'm also the same way down there on daily basis and it seems to increase with time too! If you feel this gut feeling that this isn't right (I mean it's your 4th baby so you've some experience) bring it up on your next doctors appointment!

I would guess - of course I'm not a doctor - that it just sounds like normal vaginal fluid. We tend to get more of it as our pregnancies progress. Sorry for the tmi but I notice an increase in it after sex so if you've been sexually active with your partner, it could simply be leftover fluids from both of you working its way out. I've noticed that I've been having globs of white mucus lately, and when I brought it up to my doctor she told me that sometimes we lose bits and pieces of our mucus plug, then it regenerates. As long as it is not bloody, which you said it wasn't, I would just mention it at your next appointment. When your water breaks, you'll know it. It'll be a gush and no pad on the planet, let alone underwear, will be able to stop it.

Thankyou ladies for all your responses:) It's been over 4 years since my last pregnancy and I totally forget what is normal. I am thinking it's just discharge as well. I've been stressed lot lately and I was worried it was something more. But it's good to know it's normal. :) I never had my water break naturally with previous babies. Always was induced. My sister in law had a slow fluid leak that she didn't even notice for a couple days. Her baby was delivered at 26 weeks. All turned out fine. But it's always in the back of my mind as I get closer to 26 weeks. I feel so paranoid with the pregnancy. Never was like this with my other kids.

I have a crazy amount of discharge at the minute, very thin and watery! I think its normal!

I had this with my first, so wet I had to wear a towel I would soak my underwear. Both doctors and midwives all said it was normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->