Nosey neighbours - so angry !

TTC LADY

Reaction score
Our LO has started shrieking for no apparent reason, usually when she's on her playmat during the day and she laughs at same time, so I know she's not in pain or anything.

Anyway this afternoon I had an unannounced visit from local german child welfare, as apparently one of the neighbours had reported that something odd may be happening.

I couldn't believe it, called DH at work, as my german is not great. The lady was actually quite nice, could see that LO is a happy and content baby, looked at her cot, crib, commented how many toys she had, noticed all the family photos on wall with LO and her gran etc and said no further action would be taken.

I'm still fuming now about the whole thing, babies do scream and shriek!.

That's awful! My Lo shrieks all the time too, although it's awful that they did that...I guess it's good some people act out of concern...i'd be fuming too though!!

Oh my god, I hope you're ok !!!! The neighborough obviously doesn't have a clue, as Alex screams & shrieks all the time, even I sometimes wonder what our neighborouhs think :) I would be fuming though, but try to forget it and never mind who it was, the main thing is that the child services person saw what a good mum you are and your little one is perfect !

How awful for you but after all the crap with ss in uk I guess people think better safe then sorry ...how many people think something is up and do nothing then feel guilty ...
My baby screamed none stop earlier for a hr would hate it if ss turned up but tbh i know i am a good mum and would just be happy my neighboughs care ...ok i,ll stop going on cos i cant word it right i hope u know what i mean :hugs:

That's horrible. I've often wondered if people could hear Rocco shrieking like he does. Luckily there is a little bit of distance between our house and our neighbors.
I did have an anonymous letter show up in my mail once telling us we should "really pull the weeds in our garden" and how horrible our yard looks. I was FURIOUS. Especially because it was signed God Bless you. If this person was SOOOOOOOO religious, maybe they could have knocked on the door to see if I needed any help taking care of my garden. My grandfather had just passed away and we were out of town for a week and the yard got a little out of control. I was SO mad.

I would be pissed too! Do your neighbors not realize how babies are? They scream, shriek, cry for an hour sometime, etc. Thats just what babies do! I think the German lady realized that there was certainly nothing wrong, hope your ok hun xx

We have in considerate neighbours too. Live on site where I work at an nhs hosptal and out neighbours above us elieve it or not are doctors!! If Noah laughs, shreeks, screams or cries they stamp o. The floor in protest. When he goes quiet they put music on loud and make him up and these are doctors!! O dread them reporting me sometimes the stink that they kick up!
So glad that they realised how stupid your neighbours had been!

I have 3 little brothers and went we were growing up we had a neighbour that reported us ALL the time.. of course they were noisy. 5 kids are rarely quiet and the boys fought a lot. But at least the social services are being thorough, better that then ignoring reports I suppose. I had a friend lived in a convertedremoval van have the same problem. They knew the kids were fine though, you can tell (and small) immediatly can't you?

must have been stressful in a foreign language!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->