not being taken seriously by doctors

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
faith has all the symptoms of reflux its making life very hard at the moment, i spoke to the health visitor and she told me to get straight to the doctors because there is a risk of dehydration.
i saw some snotty doctor who told me 'babies throw up thats what they do' i explained that i understand fully that babies to indeed vomit but this is not normal projectile vomiting in a newborn isnt normal she is actually heaving if it was normal baby sickness it would just be coming out.
im so angry i was completely dismissed and treated like i was totally stupid i dont know what to do how can i make them listen to me.

Ugh, I hate when doctors talk down to me. Go to another one, and hopefully you will get a better result. :hug:

she actually made me cry, im not stupid i get that babies vomit she wouldnt have it that whats happening isnt normal

I agree I would see another doctor :( sorry they spoke to you like that, sometimes they should get out of there own a55!

go see another doctor hun. Some doctors just have absolutely no bedside manner at all!! One dr at my surgery always makes me feel like im being an idiot when i take the kids.

she actually made me cry, im not stupid i get that babies vomit she wouldnt have it that whats happening isnt normal

There are two kinds of doctors-ones who think they are better than you because they went to school for eight years or more, and now likely make more money than you
and then there are the ones who went to school for those eight years or more because they wanted to actually be helpful to you. This is a rare type and when you find one that is good like this-keep him/her as a family doctor. I have a good doctor and would never trade him for another-he is right down to earth, has four kids of his own, and obviously knows what he is doing.

Definitly get a second opinion hun. I know how hard it is, as Oliver has it. Life is so different once they're on the gavsicon. Sorry the doc was such an idiot too. Just keep at it, you will be listened to eventually x x

Aww hunni, i have this too. They just tlk to people like they are stupid

I would defianlty get a second opinion and this time mention that the health visitor told you to make the appointment they might actually listen then. Even though they should listen to you in the first place. Also point out that you are her mothe and you know your baby better then they do.

If not hun then i would make a complaint. I hope she gets sorted soon hunni :hugs:
xx

definately get a second opinion hun

:hug: to little faith and u hope she feels better soon x

the thing is she vomited twice in the consulting room, projectile and screaming and she tried to tell me it was normal

the thing is she vomited twice in the consulting room, projectile and screaming and she tried to tell me it was normal

That is flippin disgraceful, i'd make a complaint hun and ask to see another doctor who knows what they are doing.
xx

she probably has no kids herself... But still that doesn't mean she should be ignorant towards kids health especially a young baby.

im going to baby clinic in the morning, will talk to the health visitor

aww i am sorry the doc didnt listen. My neighbour didnt get any gaviscon until her baby was 4 months old because the doctors just kept dismissing her. I'd get a second opinion if i were you.

my doc did this....untill he threw up in the room and she asked how long ago his feed was wen i sed 2hrs she gave me gavicscon but she wasnt guna. defo c anova doc hun xx

hun i know its hard as your BF but try to reduce her intake say for a day see what happens.
My son did the same thing i freaked as he was a preemie and was fine the whole time in hospital as he was tube fed, within a week of being home progectile vometing started he was re-admited and we found out he was over feeding, with reduced feeds he was fine.
if it carries on and doc doesnt listen take her to A&E.
Louise

Definitely get another doctor! This one is either lazy or really bad at his job.

:hugs:

i fed her in the waiting room and she vomited in the consulting room is was super fast. stupid doctor, def making a complaint

I agree go see another dr and dont stop until you get the right answer hun ! I saw 5 dr's before max was diagnosed with reflux and that was only when he was 6 months old ..dont wait that long hun ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->