NOT DARK ENOUGH??? this guy says i probably still ovulated...

amanthony

Z's Mama
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one dealing with the whole "Is it dark enough??? Did I ovulate or not???" dilemma. I didn't take pictures of my tests (wish I'd gotten on here sooner--SUCH a good idea!) so I'm going to have to try to describe...

I started taking the ovulation tests before it recommended, as my period's a bit irregular and I really, really wanted to figure out when I ovulate.

On Saturday 10/11 at noon (when I always test) I got my very first one with 2 lines (first time I peed on anything and got 2 lines at all...woohooo!) but the test line wasn't as dark as the control line. I took another one at 6 pm, holding my urine for about 4 hours to make sure it wasn't dilluted, but...same response. The test line was only 60%-75% as dark. The hubby and I decided to go for it anyway, just in case.

The next day (10/12 at noon) I got a test line, but it was a little lighter. Probably 50% as dark as the control.

The next day it was so light I could barely barely see anything.

Yesterday, nothing.

Today, nothing.

I wrote to the company I got them from...they're internet cheap tests, and they're 30MIu. Here's the interaction.

I want to believe it's true, after reading other people's similar experiences on here and other places. Should I, or am I just believing it because I want to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

If you get a faint line in the test area but it doesn't become as dark or darker than the "Control" line and then fades again after a day or so then it means you did ovulate normally and this is the perfect indication that the LH surge has occurred especially if you find that your period starts almost exactly 15-16 days after you got the faint line in the test area. Remember every woman in the world will ovulate exactly 14 days before her period starts. There can be many reasons for why some women only get very faint positive lines but usually it just means your body doesn't need to get the dramatic rise in LH and you still ovulate normally. So, when you start to get a faint line in the test area the following month use the fact the line has appeared as your cue that ovulation will occur in the next 24-48 hours.

I hope this helps but if you want more advice - please get in touch.

Kind regards

Hi

OPK's can be so difficult to read so I totally understand your confusion. Perhaps take a look at the OPK picture gallery on BnB and perhaps that will point you in the right direction. It will at least give you an idea of what positives look like.

As long as you are bding at the right time, you should be ok.

Good luck

:hug:

if there them internet cheap un there sometimes hard to read as some ladies seem not to get a true positive....but u shud carry on doin them, ive no idea wot cycle day ur on, but u may not of O yet,my mate(louiseL) got light/darker/ligher and then finally got a good strong dark positive!!!
or try some better ones for one mth just 2make sure u get a pos on these, u will get there, just keep doin them and also check ur cm n cp :)

I got two surges with my last super long cycle, the first was only 90% positive and lasted about 12 hours, of course at the time I thought it was my positive, did the whole 2ww only to find out I hadn't even ovulated yet!!!

I got my second surge, which was a lot darker & deffo positive about 16 days later.

I would always BD'd on any dark OPK just in case though :)

Remember every woman in the world will ovulate exactly 14 days before her period starts.

This is not true!!! Just ask any of the girls charting on here!!

Taken from FF "The normal luteal phase length is from 10 to 16 days"

Hi

OPK's can be so difficult to read so I totally understand your confusion. Perhaps take a look at the OPK picture gallery on BnB and perhaps that will point you in the right direction. It will at least give you an idea of what positives look like.

As long as you are bding at the right time, you should be ok.

Good luck

:hug:

I did read a million other posts and check out their pictures...I definitely saw some girls whose test line NEVER got as dark or darker who are pregnant now, so that gave me hope and that's what made me want to sign up on here. It's just SO confusing...

Thanks for the reply!

I got two surges with my last super long cycle, the first was only 90% positive and lasted about 12 hours, of course at the time I thought it was my positive, did the whole 2ww only to find out I hadn't even ovulated yet!!!

I got my second surge, which was a lot darker & deffo positive about 16 days later.

I would always BD'd on any dark OPK just in case though :)

CRAZY! Okay, I just did one now...and I'll keep doing them just in case.

So does that mean that you ovulated twice? Maybe you'll have twins! =)

Looking at your signature...are you due for AF on 10/27 like me?

if there them internet cheap un there sometimes hard to read as some ladies seem not to get a true positive....but u shud carry on doin them, ive no idea wot cycle day ur on, but u may not of O yet,my mate(louiseL) got light/darker/ligher and then finally got a good strong dark positive!!!
or try some better ones for one mth just 2make sure u get a pos on these, u will get there, just keep doin them and also check ur cm n cp :)

I will keep doing them. I'm on day 20 of a 31 day cycle, so the possible positives were at day 15 & 16. It's "average" timing. I got 70% dark am /70% dark pm / 50% dark next am / 5% dark next am / 0% from then on. So it went from nothing to fairly dark back to nothing, like a surge would. It just never got dark enough. I was getting stretch CM on day 14 & 15, now it's back to cloudy and not stretchy. I had cramps day 15& 16 and my boobs were tender. I saw one girl on here who had them about the same as me in the am and pm, so she took another test at midnight and finally got a dark line. Maybe I should have done that--maybe that's the only time the LH surge was strong enough. SO CONFUSING! I don't know what CP is, though? I'll check it if I know what it is!

THANKS!

Na, I'd say I geared up to ovulate & for some reason didn't. Then my body tried again 2 weeks later,
sheesh, what a cycle that was! To top it off it ended in a chemical, d'oh!

I find I get my darkest lines at about mid day & late at night & although my chart shows a positive OPK on CD11,
it was only pos at about 10pm that night, then the next day very dark. Today back to normal.
What sensitivity are you using?

If I have the same 12 day luteal phase as last time I am due to get a BFP (note PMA :D) on the 27th same as you!!
Hey we can keep each other sane in the 2ww :D

I must say I never got a clear positive on internet cheapies....I got a second lne occasionally but never as dark or even close to the control line.

Are you temping? That is a good way to indicate when you ovulate. I also invested in a clearblue ovulation tests and then a set of clear blue digital tests whichgive you a smilie face when your ovulating.

Good Luck!

I hope that the sperm get your eggy!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Na, I'd say I geared up to ovulate & for some reason didn't. Then my body tried again 2 weeks later,
sheesh, what a cycle that was! To top it off it ended in a chemical, d'oh!

I find I get my darkest lines at about mid day & late at night & although my chart shows a positive OPK on CD11,
it was only pos at about 10pm that night, then the next day very dark. Today back to normal.
What sensitivity are you using?

If I have the same 12 day luteal phase as last time I am due to get a BFP (note PMA :D) on the 27th same as you!!
Hey we can keep each other sane in the 2ww :D

WOW, that doesn't sound like the best cycle. =/

This one's better though, right? I think I should have tried another test late at night. I took them at 12pm and 6pm, and they were the same. I should have done one again around 11 or so, just to check. I figured it was just coming the next day. It's my first time with them! Plus they're the 30 mIU...I got the "average" one. I'll keep testing and see, but if it that's the only time I get ANY kind of test line, I'm thinking I just need the 15 mIU tests next time (unless I'm preggo and don't need them for a LONG time)!

I hope we both get that BFP on the 27th this time! =) So is the 27th when AF is due for you? Are you waiting till then to test? I am going to try, but it's so HARD to be patient!!! The early pregnancy tests I have say I can do it 4 days before AF is due...

Yep, if I have another 12 day luteal phase I'd be due on 27th (or not hopefully!)

I must say I never got a clear positive on internet cheapies....I got a second lne occasionally but never as dark or even close to the control line.

Are you temping? That is a good way to indicate when you ovulate. I also invested in a clearblue ovulation tests and then a set of clear blue digital tests whichgive you a smilie face when your ovulating.

Good Luck!

I hope that the sperm get your eggy!

:hugs:

Emma.xx

I'm not temping. I have been going 1 step at a time, I guess. First nothing but prenatal vitamins for me, then we tried better positioning and vitamins for him, then we added ovulation tests & pre-seed, so next will be the temping (if we don't get a positive, that is) and if that doesn't work I'll invest in the expensive clearblue digital tests after that! I didn't want to go too overboard at first. =)

THANKS FOR WISHING US LUCK!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO!!!

Frustrating! I know they are way more expensive, but the digital takes all the guess work out. My guess is that the guy is right, and you did, but still...if you can manage to get the digital, I would. You get an "O" when you are not fertile and a :) when you are. Simple as that.

Frustrating! I know they are way more expensive, but the digital takes all the guess work out. My guess is that the guy is right, and you did, but still...if you can manage to get the digital, I would. You get an "O" when you are not fertile and a :) when you are. Simple as that.

Ugh, you're right. If I'm not pregnant this month I'll probably end up getting one.

THANKS! =)

I hope you don't have to worry about it....:hug:

Same thing happened to me around cd15. I got faints which never really got dark, not even slightly dark, and then dissapeared to nothing. I just figured I didnt o and just kept using the opks (and bding like crazy!) I am now on cd28 and im getting another surge...its darker then last time but not as dark as the control line yet. I also had EWCM around CD15 and have it again now...so I definitely think this time im going to o as last cycle my o was on cd32. Good luck hun!! Hope you catch those swimmers!! xx

Same thing happened to me around cd15. I got faints which never really got dark, not even slightly dark, and then dissapeared to nothing. I just figured I didnt o and just kept using the opks (and bding like crazy!) I am now on cd28 and im getting another surge...its darker then last time but not as dark as the control line yet. I also had EWCM around CD15 and have it again now...so I definitely think this time im going to o as last cycle my o was on cd32. Good luck hun!! Hope you catch those swimmers!! xx

GOODNESS! Well, this makes me wonder. I had the EWCM, but now it's back to cloudy and not stretchy so I really figured it had happened. Now I'm wondering...

How long is your cycle, if you had the O on CD32? Mine's only 31 days, usually. I'm on CD 21 now, and still taking those tests! I guess we'll see...

Thanks for sharing your story!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->