Not doing so well..

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
Turns out I've got a UTI and BV (bacterial vaginosis). Doctor didn't want to give me antibiotics, instead she just told me to drink lots, and eat fruit and natural yoghurt! I'm scared for baby. 😔 Anyone know any other nature remedies? Hope you're all well. X

Why did the doctor not want to give you antibiotics? It's important to clear up UTIs as if they progress they can threaten a pregnancy. There are lots of different antibiotics you can take during pregnancy that are safe. I had a UTI during my first pregnancy, took antibiotics and everything was fine.

If your UTI doesn't clear up in a couple of days or gets worse you need to go back to the doctor.

I agree!! Please go back to your dr if your UTI isn't getting better!!

Feel better soon :hugs:

Definitely go back. I wouldn't wait for it to get worse. A bit of cystitis can be cleared up easily at home but a proper UTI needs treatment otherwise it can make you seriously ill very quickly, and obviously it can threaten the pregnancy as well. I had one a couple of weeks ago except I didn't get any normal symptoms. My first real symptom was pain in my lower back but that didn't start until I was on my way to the Dr's. I got given a short, strong course of Amoxicillin. By that night (before I'd got home to be able to take my first antibiotic) I was in agony with back pain and a fever. It happened so fast and I honestly think if the Dr hadn't given me those tablets when he did then I could have ended up a lot worse off very quickly. Please go back and insist they give you something.

Thank you everyone! I'll definitely go back on Monday if I'm still feeling the same. Xx

This is my opinion. I'm not a doctor, so this post is solely based on my experiences.

I always get UTIs while pregnant. I only took antibiotics for it once when I couldn't kick it myself. Otherwise, I drink tons of water and cranberry juice alllllllllll day long. I do 1 part cranberry to 3 parts water, and I often see people ask what a "part" is, so I will explain real quick. I fill a cup 3/4 of the way with water and then finish it off with 100% organic cranberry juice. Make sure it is real cranberry and not cranberry cocktail, and preferably organic, but I know that not everyone can find or afford it. Non-organic will work, too. The only ingredients should be cranberries and water. Limit intake of any other sugars - fruit, snack cakes, ice cream, etc, until you're feeling better.

I would also be a lot less concerned about treating BV naturally. When antibiotics are used for it, it tends to come back anyway. For many, it's a battle they just can't win, even testing clear but still having symptoms. For this, probiotics. I take Garden of Life brand, which I buy from Vitamin Shoppe here in the US. You could probably find a different brand where you live, but the point is that they don't say "do not take while pregnant" on the bottle. Other kinds are safe, but they'll all tell you to ask your doctor or pharmacist, so go ahead and run it by them. Probiotics also help to heal UTIs, so you're taking care of both issues with this. Also, add raw garlic to your day. I go for 3 cloves per day. I personally chop it up and put it over a piece of crusty bread with some olive oil and herbs, yum! Some people will just chew it up, but I cannot stomach it, and it burns my mouth.

Check out this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17633390

This is my opinion. I'm not a doctor, so this post is solely based on my experiences.

I always get UTIs while pregnant. I only took antibiotics for it once when I couldn't kick it myself. Otherwise, I drink tons of water and cranberry juice alllllllllll day long. I do 1 part cranberry to 3 parts water, and I often see people ask what a "part" is, so I will explain real quick. I fill a cup 3/4 of the way with water and then finish it off with 100% organic cranberry juice. Make sure it is real cranberry and not cranberry cocktail, and preferably organic, but I know that not everyone can find or afford it. Non-organic will work, too. The only ingredients should be cranberries and water. Limit intake of any other sugars - fruit, snack cakes, ice cream, etc, until you're feeling better.

I would also be a lot less concerned about treating BV naturally. When antibiotics are used for it, it tends to come back anyway. For many, it's a battle they just can't win, even testing clear but still having symptoms. For this, probiotics. I take Garden of Life brand, which I buy from Vitamin Shoppe here in the US. You could probably find a different brand where you live, but the point is that they don't say "do not take while pregnant" on the bottle. Other kinds are safe, but they'll all tell you to ask your doctor or pharmacist, so go ahead and run it by them. Probiotics also help to heal UTIs, so you're taking care of both issues with this. Also, add raw garlic to your day. I go for 3 cloves per day. I personally chop it up and put it over a piece of crusty bread with some olive oil and herbs, yum! Some people will just chew it up, but I cannot stomach it, and it burns my mouth.

Check out this article: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17633390

Thank you so so so much! That's really helpful. I'll definitely do what I can to kick it naturally. 😊👍🏻 I've been drinking tons today, and already feel a little better for it. I just hope baby is okay in there! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->