Not eating much at 1 year BLW. Any advice?

purplelou

Mummy to Lana Erin
Reaction score
Hi,
My just turned one year old daughter started BLW at 6 months.
She is also breastfed still.

I am back at work full time and dh is a sahd.
We have just started to introduce cows milk and reduce expressed milk feeds during the day(although I come home for lunch and she feeds then, morning, evenings and night times)
Anyway....LO doesn't seem to eat much food.
She is gaining weight (but is that from breast milk??)
She likes yoghurt and will eat that no problem, she will have tiny bites of fruit and some veg, not interested in meat or fish or chicken.
We cook all our meals from scratch, so it's low in sat etc and I iffer whatever we have, and we all sit down to eat 3 meals a day.
Breakfast -she eats a yogurt and pretty much refuses everything else
Lunch, she may eat a tiny corner of bread or a tiny bit of cheese or a slice of tomato. Dh often has noodles and she will eat a few of those
Dinner again not much....a yoghurt again and then sometimes a bit of apple.
She will taste stuff but spits almost all of it out again.

Any advice? Or is it ok to just carry on as we are?

You may want to start giving some vitamins as an insurance policy but otherwise I think just carry on as you are. My second youngest would barely eat anything in terms of quantity until he was about 15 months old, the crux was one day he picked up a spoon and started eating rice with it by himself, I had given him pre loaded spoons before and a spoon with really thick porridge or stew he couldn't really drop once he got it on the spoon. He then started eating more in terms of quantity but I think he was about two before he got up to 3 substantial meals a day. Xx

thanks Summer rain, thats reasurring! we do give pre loaded spoons and she seems to enjoy putting them into her mouth.....and then the food just sort of falls back out again (except yoghurt and cheese - which she will eat no problems!)
Ive only actually seen one other baby eating (BLW)- and he is a great eater, so its hard to know if we should worry or not. I will look into vitamin drops :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->