Not gaining at this point-should I be worried?

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
So my next appointment with the midwife is set for when we get back from vacation, but that's over a week away.. I plan on asking about this. I started out my pregnancy at 210#. I lost a few pounds in the first trimester, like many women, due to morning sickness. In the second trimester I gained about 10#. But it's leveled off there. I'm now 30 weeks and I wonder if I should have gained more by now. Should I force myself to eat more? Logic tells me if I'm getting enough protein, I should be Ok. I do eat a protein based diet as I feel a lot better when I cut down on carbs, especially wheat. Any thoughts?

I started off 138 and gained about 18 pounds so far. Yours is on the lower side, but I think everyone gains differently. I would not worry.

I've only gained 13 pounds, and back to losing weight again. My OB is completely happy with my weight gain, since I only gained what I needed (I started out overweight). Maybe call your medical provider and see if they're worried? Every body and pregnancy is different, so maybe you just don't need more than what you have gained so far to support the baby.

I only gained 7 pounds, and I am worried, since I started underweight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->