Not in love with cloth nappies anymore :(

CountingDown

Reaction score
I am not enjoying using cloth nappies at the moment :cry:

Every nappy I am using on Olivia is leaking, some don't even last an hour!

I have tried ittis, issys, Mini lala, wn, hl, bg (microfibre and organics), ellas house, ll, dnf, blueberrys and mutts and she just out pees them all!

I only use soap nuts when wash my nappies, I have lost count of how many times I have strip washed them and I have boosted them so much sometimes she can hardly move in them! :shrug:

I am not sure what else to try and I cant keeps trying different nappies because we saving for Christmas.

Feel alittle better now I have had a vent :baby:

So sorry you're going through a tough time with cloth! I had a similar thing at first- it took 6 weeks and about 15 different brands before I found what worked for us and our heavy wetter.

In my case, it was goodbye to all of my pretty WNs, BBs, Lalas, Issys etc and helloooo BGs! They are the only thing that works and now we use medium BGs and BG organics pretty much exclusively. I'm sure we'd all lend you ones if there was something you wanted to tryxxx

oh, and i'd maybe just stock up on boosters if shes a mega heavy wetter- weehuggers are good cos they are soooo thin but thirsty so don't add bulk, also ebay cheapie bamboo boosters work well, sometimes i add a itti booster to my organics x

awwww all my pretty nappies had to go aswell :( my supply is mainly BG Flips and BG Organic inserts in Weehuggers! :)

Have you tried those? I very very very rarely get a leak in either of those :D

Yep if you haven't tried Flips I'd recommend them, mostly because the outers are pretty bombproof and their own inserts are slim (but absorbent), leaving lots of room for boosting without either making the nappy huge or causing leg gaping.

Have you tried something a bit more basic, like terries and a wrap? We can boost Mog in a wrap without there being any problem with gaping. She's a bit younger though, so maybe doesn't wee as much. Very cheap to try though.

Dunno if it'll help but have you tried wraps with gussets in? Or lanolised woolen shortie longies x

So sorry you're going through a tough time with cloth! I had a similar thing at first- it took 6 weeks and about 15 different brands before I found what worked for us and our heavy wetter.

In my case, it was goodbye to all of my pretty WNs, BBs, Lalas, Issys etc and helloooo BGs! They are the only thing that works and now we use medium BGs and BG organics pretty much exclusively. I'm sure we'd all lend you ones if there was something you wanted to tryxxx

Don't say that :dohh: i've just washed my brand new issy bears ready for my son to wear and he is a heavy wetter :boat:

Ah don't worry Janidog, it wasn't a heavy-wetter problem with the Issys, it was that they were way too bulky on him and mine were poppers (i'm anti all snaps except BG snaps!) xx

We are currently having the same issue but only at night. I've finally gave in and have been putting her in a sposie at night. :(

Have you tried something a bit more basic, like terries and a wrap? We can boost Mog in a wrap without there being any problem with gaping. She's a bit younger though, so maybe doesn't wee as much. Very cheap to try though.

I agree. You still can't beat a terry square (bamboo ones are best) covered with a wool cover - longies shorties, skirties or soaker. Cheap, easy to wash, quick to dry and super efficient. And not difficult, once you've done a few either!

Sometimes the old fashioned ways are the best! - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" s a very valuable saying!:thumbup:

I agree on simplifying with some terries, or prefolds (not cheapo ones though, we used the Bummis regular sized organic prefolds at night when DD was older and were the only thing that lasted)

All these fancy nappies are well and good but I must admit, not all function that brilliantly, esp. for heavy wetters :nope:

I have a heavy wetter and have found my nappies to function absolutely fine :shrug:

I think a lot of it can be down to the shape of your baby, as much how heavy a wetter they are.

I'd say the main advantage, function-wise, of terries is that they're so customisable to your baby's shape. If there's a fitted out there that is the right shape for your baby, I can't see that there would be any advantage to terries over fitteds apart from washing/drying time. It depends what kind of nappy user you are IMO - do you have the time/patience/ability to learn to fold terries and find the right fold for you? Do you have the time/patience/money to try out different fitteds to find the right one for you? If you can find the right fold/fitted for you, I'm sure they'd work equally well.

When you bring in the other options (AIOs, AI2s, pockets etc) then it gets more complicated and I think most people would agree that the easiest options to make work for you (especially if you have a heavy wetter on your hands) are either fitteds or terries and wraps. Lots of people can make other prettier and easier options work though so that doesn't mean you shouldn't try if you want pretty or easy nappies, and there's no crime in wanting that!

id suggest trying old-style tots bots bamboozles with a motherease wrap, im preferring those over my pretties at the mo! bomb-proof! i dont find the bamboozle stretch as good as the ols style, tho of course they r much slimmer! any1 else find that??

i dont find the bamboozle stretch as good as the ols style, tho of course they r much slimmer! any1 else find that??

yep, I find that. REALLY annoying because I much prefer them otherwise, the velcro tabs are much much better, and of course they are a lot trimmer. I find if I put Adam in a stretch for a nap (and he will sleep for 3 hours) when he gets up it is sopping wet in the front, whereas in an old style bamboozle or a Little Lamb that never happens (unless he was in it 4 hours+). I'd never put him in a stretch overnight, not unless it was boosted with 2 hemp boosters or something.

I use a BB with 3 soakers in them at night... poor LO can't even move with it on :rofl: but that's what it's come down to for us! lol

your really close to me counting down, if there's anything you wanna try that i have i'm happy to lend to you. if i recall your within a few miles of me.

I have a heavy wetter and have found my nappies to function absolutely fine :shrug:

I think a lot of it can be down to the shape of your baby, as much how heavy a wetter they are.

Ah, but that's the beauty of old fashioned Terry Squares ... you simply fold and adjust to your LO's shape so that they provide maximum bulk where it's needed and fit perfectly. They are much easier and quicker to dry as well - so if you have a heavy wetter you don't have to worry about turnaround time so much :happydance:

Counting Down :hugs: Why not sell some of your expensive pretty nappies to fund a stock of terries? If the Issey's etc aren't working anyway then you don't have much to lose :flower:

For girls the standard kite fold works really well and isn't at all hard to do :) I used to fold all of mine into shape as I took them off the line/airer and pop them in the airing cupboard so that they were ready to use when I wanted them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->