Not losing weight!

Karenesque9

Reaction score
I gained 50 lbs while pregnant despite regular exercise and eating mostly healthy.

I lost 26 lbs the first 2 weeks PP and I have lost NOTHING since! (I am 5 weeks PP). I am EBF and eating 1,200 calories a day WITH 45 mins of exercise a day! (swimming, cycling, and/or run/walking)

WTF!!!!!!!! HELP! Why isn't this working?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Give it time. It took 9 months to put on the weight, so it might take some time to get rid of it. I gained 47 lbs in total and during the first month, I lost 20 lbs and it took several more months for the rest to go away and that was without exercise :haha:. Also, some women's bodies tend to keep some extra fat because the body thinks it needs it since they're nursing. Good luck - you'll get there! :flower:

Thanks, its so frustrating. I was hoping the weight would "fall off" from breastfeeding alone like others have reported :-(

I am in the same boat...it never just " fell off" me. I gained 50 pounds as well, lost 25 pretty easily in 3 weeks, and now it has been a slower loss with lots of hard work on my part. I am almost 4 months pp and have 6 more pounds of pregnancy weight to go.

It will come off. I wonder, though, if your calories are too low. Breastfeeding uses lots of energy, and then if you are exercising as well, your body might be holding onto all fat reserves. I am no dietitian, but I might add a few calories in the form of protein, not carbohydrates. So, a handful of almonds for a snack, slice of cheese, egg at breakfast, etc.

I agree with Warby: you're not eating enough.

Your body's priority is to make food for your baby, so the moment it think there aren't enough calories coming in, it hangs onto everything possible to try to ensure a steady supply of energy for BF.

Eating more will make your body realise that it's a 'feast' time not 'famine' and you'll lose some weight.

You may, however, not lose it all until you stop BF. I hung onto the last 5lbs last time round despite everything: the moment I stopped BF it fell off. Small price to pay and good to know so you don't get too discouraged.

If you're exercising I suggest you measure rather than weigh as muscle weighs more than fat and you could surprise yourself and be losing inches hun.. xxx

you not eating enough to supply your milk, therefore your body is hanging onto all it can. BF burning 500-800 cals a day nd if your only eating 1200 that only 400-700 cals a day for your body to run on AND feed your baby... 5 weeks pp is nothing, give yourself a break, your body is beautiful, it created life....

I am the same. I gained about 41 pounds and then lost 17 right away then didn't lose any for like two months. Then about three months PP, I lost like 10 pounds randomly. Now at five months PP I am almost to pre-pregnancy weight (I think). I haven't weighed myself but just by looking at myself, and my pre-pregnancy pants fit (just tight).

I don't diet or exrecise, and EBF as well. It will get there. Everyone loses weight at different paces!

I'm 4 weeks PP, I lost half the weight the first week, and slowly I see some improvement in the mirror, but still there is LOTS of weight to be lost. I did the mistake to try to wear my pre pregnancy clothes (I was a UK 8) and of course nothing fits. I 'm still in maternity trousers & t shirts. Sometimes I feel utterly devastated as I was always a very thin person. But my neighbor told me I'm crazy, she said no one has ever managed to wear their pre pregnancy clothes so soon, and to give it time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->