Not ovulating.., 1.4 results

mrs_me

Reaction score
So, we conceived and had our wonderful baby last year with Clomid and IUI. I had my baby in February and I am breastfeeding. We wanted to try again and we have every month by ourselves and it hasnt worked. We did IUI again but spermcount was very low and we are working on that now BUT I also took a blood test to check my progesterone 7 days after ovulation and it was 1.4. Nurse said it should be over 3 when doing without Clomid so she first didnt think I ovulated but I said I got my period?? I cant take Clomid while BF and I dont want to stop BF before 1 year and was hoping to continue longer, is there any other way to increase the ovulation or something that does NOT affect the BF?

Anyone? It breaks my heart that I might have to choose between nursing my child and have another one

I also breastfed my son

If I'm right your baby is around 9 mths ...that means they are going to be eating more and more solid foods and breastfeed less...your cycles will start returning to more normal now and will probably see your numbers go up each month

I didn't even get my period back until my son was 9 months so I think your well on your way...If you have to wait I doubt it will be more than 1 or 2 cycles

I also breastfed my son

If I'm right your baby is around 9 mths ...that means they are going to be eating more and more solid foods and breastfeed less...your cycles will start returning to more normal now and will probably see your numbers go up each month

I didn't even get my period back until my son was 9 months so I think your well on your way...If you have to wait I doubt it will be more than 1 or 2 cycles
Yes, he turns 9 months in a week :). It is so weird though since I have had a period since he was 1 month. I did ONLY pump the first month since he couldnt latch but after that I have EBF. Maybe the one month of pumping started it but then stopped? But why do I keep getting my period? I will ask them to check my progesterone level the next coming months too to see if it goes up.

you might also start on good prenatal which would be great for the baby and get your body ready for a second go

Are your periods regular?
If you have been cycling since he was a month old, and they are regular, I wouldn't think that BF is interfering. How long is he waiting inbetween feds? Is he still nursing at night? How much solid food is he eating? All of those will affect your fertility.

btw-if you are ovulating, you can be pregnant and breastfeed at the same time. I nursed my first until I was 20 weeks pregnant with my second. Many people tandem nurse as well.

Good luck.
Maybe something as simple as a couple of more months will do the trick.

Yep pretty regular+/- 2 days. And the ovulation predictor show me ovulating. This months was different though, I got my period 4-5 days before I normally do. So 7 days after IUI I went and did the blood test for progesterone and the same evening I got my period.
He is eating every 2-3 hours during the day and he goes to bed nursing at around 7pm. Wakes up sometimes at 9pm nurse. Always wakes up and nurse at 0100. Then I take him into bed with me, he may nurse one more time during the night but I am not sure. Wakes up around 0730-0800.
Started solids maybe 6 weeks ago, skipped the cereal, just eating purees. Doesn't eat much. Maybe one pouch of Ella's kitchen every 2 days. Tried with chopped up banana and he chewed it and spit it out. He doesn't pick it up himself so I am worried of putting it into his mouth.
So BM is probably 99% of his daily food intake with very little solids.
Are your periods regular?
If you have been cycling since he was a month old, and they are regular, I wouldn't think that BF is interfering. How long is he waiting inbetween feds? Is he still nursing at night? How much solid food is he eating? All of those will affect your fertility.

btw-if you are ovulating, you can be pregnant and breastfeed at the same time. I nursed my first until I was 20 weeks pregnant with my second. Many people tandem nurse as well.

Good luck.
Maybe something as simple as a couple of more months will do the trick.

I dont have a problem tandem nursing, in fact I hope to do that. It is that I am not ovulating that's the problem and that I may need clomid to ovulate and that I can't do when BF. I am also confused how I have had periods for 8 months, ovulation kit said I ovulated but my progesterone is so low and indicates I didn't ovulate??? Confused.

keep in mind every child is different but I think will start wanting more and more solid foods pretty soon as he grows. Does he have any teeth yet? It wasn't until my son was eating cereal one meal and half a puree jar of food before my period came. Also your months could very and you may have O'd say 6 of the last 9 months or only once so far. Everyone is a bit different when they are BF but I do know you will start getting steadier as time goes on by. Since you period came early this month it could be this was just an off month.

You might think about charting so you can get some more insight

Also I want to say for most people once they have 1 child they tend to not need clomid anymore.

Having kids has not helped Ready or I get PG easier again but I think for most people the second time around is easier.

Milty those were really good suggestions.

Maybe this was just an off month? It's very possible. And charting would probably be an enormous help!
I would definately try charting and see if you can figure out what your body is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->