Not protected with internal ultrasound

4 boys

Reaction score
Sorry if posted in wrong area..
I had a internal ultra sound and the lady didn't use anything apart from jelly on the probe..
Should I have complained ?
I'm sure they suppose to use a protecive cover ie condom?

Now I'm really worried I could have caught something..
Advice appreciated O:)

I would have wanted and expected a cover. It's too late now, but I would have stopped her and questioned it. I've had many transvaginal ultrasounds and I was in school to be a diagnostic sonographer for a while, and in my own personal experience and also spending 3 months observing ultrasounds carried out in a hospital, I never had/saw a sonographer not use a probe sheath or condom. It was protocol at that hospital that a cover must be used. The probe is sterilized after each use, and the cover is another safeguard against cross contamination. Previous poster's comment is the first I've heard of not everyone using one, so I suppose it must vary depending where you are.

Sorry if posted in wrong area..
I had a internal ultra sound and the lady didn't use anything apart from jelly on the probe..
Should I have complained ?
I'm sure they suppose to use a protecive cover ie condom?

Now I'm really worried I could have caught something..
Advice appreciated O:)

I would have to phone up and question that , just for my own sanity too . It might be normal for that particular hospital / clinic. I had two internal scans with DD2 and both times they used a condom .

I’m sure you will be fine as they would have been cleaned . Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->