Not scared or just too early?

Weenie19

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering if anyone else was NOT scared in the build up to the birth of their first child?

I'm 34 weeks and for some reason I just have this feeling of calm that what will be will be.

I'm obviously anxious that the baby is going to be ok but beyond that I have no fear associated with the birth.

This is huge for me as I am a wimp! :blush:

Just wondering if how I am feeling is normal or will the fear kick in when I'm closer to my due date?

Thanks

I'm 37 weeks and feel the same :) I sometimes wonder if it's ignorance, naivety, or stupidity :rofl:

The last few days I've felt a bit more anxious about it, but then I read one of my Ina May books and feel fine again. It's supposed to come out of there, yes it will hurt but it's a natural kind of pain, so I don't really have any fear of it.

Hope your positive attitude carries on :thumbup: and have a lovely birth!! x x

I'm not, I'm excited about it.. I think I'll get scared or rather anxious when we get a bit closer.

lol the fear never kicks in with me until im almost ready to push, then its all "ive changed my mind" and "please please just make it stoooooooooooooooooop" lolololol xoxoxoxo

HOLD THAT THOUGHT! You're going to be awesome. :flower:

Not fearing childbirth is a great start, it sets you up in a positive way for a positive calm birth. I was never scared to give birth with my first, turned out to be a very lengthy back to back labour! Even after that I was so excited when I fell pregnant with DD and couldn't wait to labour again. I'm already excited about the prospect of giving birth again in the (hopefully) near future

Remain positive, fear free and trust your body. It is after all, part of what we were designed to do

It's fabulous that you're not scared!
I was never ever scared in the run-up to my labour and birth. I was just ridiculously excited about meeting my little boy, and I am sure that my positivity had an awful lot to do with the great birth experience I had. I would do it again in a heartbeat, and I won't have any fear next time either because it was amazing.
Keep that positivity!

It's a good thing your not scared. I've never been scared, I do get that feeling in labour of oh god this has got to come out of me but never feel scared. Your gonna do great xxx

just like bubbles said. i read ina may gaskin book and she said in it fear creates pain. all the way through and even before i got pg i said i'm going to be awesome at labour. remember labour "pain" is not an "injury pain" and its your body doing what it needs to. keep saying your not scared and going to be great i did as sort of mantra.

have a great birth. you will be great

My granddad asked me this...Are you scared? I said no, I'm not, there's no point, nothing I can do now, I'm having this baby one way or another, it's pointless being scared! I loved that moment of clarity I had!

Yay for Ina May! I fully attribute her books to my calm and positive feelings toward labor. I was nervous at first but I know to trust my body now. I think our society has conditioned us to fear childbirth- which is so so unfortunate because most women will end up feeling this way. :(

Yay for Ina May! I fully attribute her books to my calm and positive feelings toward labor. I was nervous at first but I know to trust my body now. I think our society has conditioned us to fear childbirth- which is so so unfortunate because most women will end up feeling this way. :(

I haven't even had a chance to read her books yet but a lot of the focus of my history courses has been on the history of obstetrics and I've got absolute confidence in the capability of my body.

Its sad because I was at a bbq just this past weekend and one of the other women there who has had a kid overheard me talking with another lady about hypnobirthing and natural birth and she misheard I suppose and went ON and on and on about how DRUGS are the answer the more DRUGS the better, and to take every drug in the book that they offer me and then some... and even my OH tried to tell her she was wrong but the mentality seems to be prevalent not just that "childbirth is scary" but when women like her encounter women like me they seem to conclude somehow that clearly "I have no idea"

Fair enough, perhaps I do have no idea in the sense that no, I've never given birth before HOWEVER it doesn't mean I'm completely ignorant, and I'd be willing to bet that in reality I'm less ignorant heading towards my labor than she was when she went into hers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->