Not sleeping right through

babybow

Reaction score
Our daughter is not sleeping right through and has only slept through twice since birth... She's 9 months next week... She always demands a feed in the middle of the night... Different people have been giving us different advice... Some say cold turkey, some say hugs, some say reduce the milk slowly, some say replace the milk with water... Has anyone else had the same problem and more importantly how did you resolve it.... need sleep....

sorry no advice but i just wanted to bump this back up the page so someone else might see it. Hope u get some sleep soon!

Our LO didnt sleep through until 7.5 months, before that she was waking up to 10 times a night, sometimes for food, other times for no known reason. In the end hubby and I both decided we really needed some sleep and decided to go down the CIO route. We were prepared to let her cry for an hour (unless she really lost the plot) but the first night it only took 20 mins, 15mins the second night and less than 5 mins from the 3rd night on. We went in to quickly comfort her every 5 mins initially but now she goes down almost straight away.

Until that point neither of us could listen to her cry but the lack of sleep was really starting to get to us and we had to try something.

I hope you find something that works soon :hugs:

First of all, 50% of toddlers (not babies) still wake at least once in the night, so it's totally normal. My 14 month old still wakes at least twice every night. I really recommend the book the no-cry sleep solution, it's full of ways to help your child sleep.

My baby doesn't sleep through either. I'm going by her lead though.

Not really sure hun, as my LO doesn't sleep through yet.......could you try giving her last feed a bit later, so that she goes longer til her next one? Someone suggested to us that we give our daughter a 'dream feed' at our bedtime.......what we do is get her up at 9:30, change her nappy & feed her....she goes straight back to sleep then by about 10:30pm. Now, instead of waking twice a night, she only wakes once.

Maybe this would help your LO sleep through seeing as she's older?

Tyler is now 16 months and still doesnt sleep through and so far nothing i've tried has resolved it.

hiya hun i know its so hard , charlie is 9 months as is still up 2 or more times a night on average 5 times i just started giving him water but now i dont even need to gove him that i just put his dummy back in and he goes back to sleep, i dont really know what to do to help i think its just one of those things if your LO is feeding i would try just giving water instead xx

Bren has never slept through. It has been getting better, but he still wakes up every 2-3 hours. I am just going with it now as I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to sleep.

Is he bf or ff? Does he have solids yet?Jasmine has been sleeping through since 2 months.

The most important thing IMO (which some will not agree with) is to have a good routine and have your baby in his own bed and own room. And make sure they are having enough solids in the day.

guess i am lucky lilly slept through from birth, she had a poorly stage and was waking 2,3...........10 times a nite, when she was well again it had become a habbit to get up in the nite, i had to leave her to cry within a couple of days she was back to normal, at 9 months she shouldnt really be demanding a feed, as see will be getting enough through the day, its all about teaching them the difference between day and nite, like i never put lilly in her cot through the day for a nap, and never have her naps used to be in her swing or doomoo, and i only had 1 crib, i no some mums have 2 1 for up stairs 1 for down, but i only used the 1 for bedtime, she now naps in her car seat or pram if we are out or on the couch.
i also bath her and dry and dress her in her bed room and give her a bottle for bed in her bed room, usually very little lite and very quiet, then she goes to bed, and i never go running when she crys, i jus check on her very quietly, also if its nessasary to get her out of bed, bum change wat ever, always do it in her room with very little lite, thos makes them understand that dark means bed. i found that has always worked for me. xxxxxx

Colton doesn't sleep through. Still wakes for feeding. And it doesn't matter, he cosleeps; but even when we put him in his bed (in his room) he still wakes 1-2 times. I've tried water, which he took..... for two months, then started refusing it, Tried cuddles, nothing. nothing works.

We have tried the water thing to no avail... Her routine is pretty solid... She used to be up screaming several times a night.. Now it's the once....Usually between 1230 and 0400... We did have a 'twice' a night issue until recently when we used the CIO route to get it down to once... Just feelis like she'll never sleep through... As for the last week, the LO has decised to crawl around her cot and try and sleep on her front... If you go near her she has a paddy for moving her.... Arrghhh... It's one thing after another,,,,, lol thanks everyone for your experiences so far.... R

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->