Not so good consultant appointment!

zebbed89

mummy to mollie & wtt
Reaction score
I'm having consultant care because of hypotension and pre e with my daughter. I'm having growth scans every 4 weeks I had my 28 week one 3 weeks ago and what's meant to be my 32 week today as they only had this appointment. At my 28 week one baby was just above the 10th percentile. After my 2 hour wait for my scan I finally saw the consultant who said baby has now dropped to the 5th percentile he's re booked me for another scan in 2 weeks to see if baby has grown or weather he will be iugr. I never had this with my daughter so was really not expecting it this time round! I've been told to keep an eye on movements and any change to go straight in and have Been told to do as little as possible not easy with a 4 year old. I'm hoping this is a one off and he will have grown at the next scan. Sorry for the rambling post I just needed to get it out! Has anyone else had this? Xxx

I have it right now too...baby measuring below 5th centile and am in the 2ww again for a scan! Though i'm coming to the end as scan is now tomorrow thank god. It has been an awful 2 weeks. Are they monitoring you on CTG regularly? I have to go in 2 times per week for a CTG at the day unit.

My BP is normal and no signs of PE - is that the same for you? I font know what else can cause this! Did they check the blood flow in the scan?

Ah good luck for your scan. I'm not having ctgs yet I think all depends on the result of this next scan but it has been mentioned! I do have high BP and am on meds which was the reason for the growth scans and it was mentioned that it can cause smaller babies but I'm on such a low dose she didn't think it would be a problem. Blood flow is great so I'm really not sure! X

I'm so sorry you're having this problem too! Yes my blood flow was fine too, so it makes you think well why isn't she growing then!

Ah yeah you're a little behind me but I think I would ask them for regular CTG if it carries on because it does put your mind at rest a little bit. I hope your next scan goes well :) x

Hi ladies I've had this since 32 weeks all of a sudden his growth really dropped (although his head remained on target) I have been having a growth scan one week & Doppler scan the next week.
I've had 3 CTGs in between, because my blood flow has been good too they can't give me a reason for it.

My bp is also normal & no pre-eclampsia

They originally told me they could induce around 35 weeks but last week baby had a growth spurt & now weighs 4lbs so they're not as worried but they are going to induce 37-38 weeks.

It is a very worrying time & its awful having to live 1 or 2 weeks at a time for the next scan.

But if the blood flow remains good then baby is proberbly just meant to be small the doctor said well he's not going to be a 10lbs boy lol.

Being past 30 weeks is a great milestone as well so even if baby does have to come early they would have excellent chances.

Hope your both doing ok :flower:

Thanks ladies. I think they will start ctgs after the next scan once they have a clear picture on his growth. I'm hoping he will just have a growth spurt. I suppose one good thing is they have picked up on it early so can watch. My consultant said he would like me to get to 37 weeks and more than likely will induce. I just hope my BP doesn't go sky high to! X

No advice buy hoping it all goes well! X

Kittique I'm not sure if you will read this just wanted to say good luck on your scan please update if you can xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->