Not so many Movements plus loads of braxton hicks?

Geo2

Reaction score
I'm 35 weeks now and during today and yesterday baby hasnt been moving so strongly, there has been movements though just nothing that surprises me, also no hiccups, normally gets hiccups everyday. Lay down on left side for about half hour, felt about 5 movements in between loads braxton hicks. Seems every time baby moves, its followed by the tightening of braxton hicks, is this normal? Should I call midwife?

I had something similar happen to me this pregnancy. Little one all the sudden completely changed her movements and movement routine, and took a break from moving for about a day.

After a trip to L&D to monitor her for a bit, they assured me that she was fine, and she even started kicking the monitor while I was there!

The nurses & doctor assured me that it was typical behavior, and that baby's movements can decrease as they get larger. As long as in a session of kicking you can count at least 10 movements (of ANY sort, even small ones) within two hours, it should be fine. Drink something sugary and lay down on side to try to engage baby to move.

Ultimately though, if you are worried or the baby isn't moving that much, I would call your doctor or midwife. Better to be safe, and only YOU know what's normal for your baby.

Thanks, I will continue to keep a track of any movements, ive felt baby move a bit, just not very strongly, maybe there isnt much room left, seem to have grown the past couple days.

BH act like a rocking chair or massage while baby is in utero. Completely normal to have lots of them and a sleepy baby - same holds true for a baby who quiets down during walks. As long as they're meeting the 10 kicks in an hour, I imagine all is well! :thumbup:

I'm sorry but if it was me I would be calling the hospital and getting checked out. You say your baby is moving less than normal. Even if it is still moving, less than normal should be checked out. Probably, everything is ok but please call for peace of mind.

I'm sorry but if it was me I would be calling the hospital and getting checked out. You say your baby is moving less than normal. Even if it is still moving, less than normal should be checked out. Probably, everything is ok but please call for peace of mind.

Yes I agree you should go and get checked out, I don't mean to scare you but my best friend had less movement like you and luckily went to the hospital to get checked out it saved her baby's life because baby was in distress and baby had to be delivery by c section straight away it turned out the cord was around the baby neck 2 times..
I know this is rare but I just needed to tell you.

I'd get checked just to be sure.

Also, from what I understood, it's not that there are less movements, there are still the same amount but not as strong, I can now usually only feel most of the movement when I have my hand on my belly. They're very slow and small movements, because of the lack of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->