Not so typical shower advice please!

Weebles

Reaction score
So my shower date is FINALLY set which was an ordeal in and of itself and there is just one tiny "problem". It's not really a problem, it's just that it happens to be the same day as my nieces birthday. She's coming, her mom and gma will be there too, and it is not her actual party which will be later but I would still like to find a way to make it a little special for her too. I love my niece so much but I am at a loss here. She's a tween as that might make a difference with any suggestions. It doesn't need to me much, just something so she feels special too.

What about her own mini cake? And a gift for her, just so she knows shes not forgotten

I was going to say same...her own cupcake or mini cake and a gift. My cousin's daughter has the same birthday as my daughter, though she's 8 years older. She has always come to dds birthday parties and, if the party falls on the birthdate, I always have her a little cake or decorated cupcake of her own and a gift. It takes nothing away from dds party and makes my cousin's daughter feel a bit special too.

I'd maybe give her a gift when she shows up and make sure to say happy birthday, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

Pretty much what everyone else has said. If you wanted to add to it you could have a moment where everyone sings Happy Birthday to her (if she's the typo of tween who would enjoy the attention).

Or you could announce you're naming the baby after her. ;)

Hahaha^ that's funny!! :rofl:

I was going to say same as others, a cupcake for her and maybe a small gift or let her pass you the gifts or even maybe make her a cute little ribbon/flower thing that says something fun like birthday girl or something!

Agreed. A gift for her or have a game where she gets to be a special helper or winner. I'm not much help. I don't understand tweens. There's a reason I teach k-5 hahahah.

I'd clear it with her parents first. I'm super crazy so I know I would like to know if someone was going to do something before my something. Lol. If that made sense. And it might help you conspire with more heads on it. ;)

That's super nice of you to try and find a way to help her feel special!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->