• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not sure I like our name choice

Reaction score
Our name choice is v pretty but i can’t seem to shake wanting the name Iris. I like how it shortens to Iri and I love that whilst Iris means rainbow, Iri also lengthens to Iridescence! So many beautiful things in one name!
Husband is ok with it for a middle name. And we have announced her first name and I really don’t think I can change it.
But is it massively sabotaging if I call her Iri as Well as using her first name? Or will I just be being a jerk?

Oh I live iris but dh won't have it, we are the same we have a name bit I want it one way and dh wants it the other. Do you mind if I ask what the name you picked Is?

And honestly, what is wrong with men?! ;)
It makes me want to go ‘Look i grew the baby, I choose the name!’
;)

No help but I love the name Iris.
A lady I know from toddler group named her baby Odette and then they changed it to Florence 2.5 weeks later. When I first saw her after the name change (a couple of days) she was a bit frazzled because they were getting flak from their families over changing LO's name when it had already been announced and everyone was "used to it". When I saw her the next week and asked how that was going she was like "oh gosh yeah everyone's over it now, I forgot they were such a pain about it!" So it wasn't a big deal at all.
If you want to change LO's name (and your DH will agree) then go for it, changing a name at 2 weeks is nothing considering she'll have it for life!

Dh and I have picked out Cameron Silas to be this baby's name. The thing is, now when I think of him growing up, I don't feel like Cameron suits him well. I've been vocal the whole time about his name not being set in stone so when I told our families that we still aren't sure on his name they all just laughed and keep trying to throw names at me, none of which I like. So now Cameron is still a possibility, but I doubt that will end up being his name. I told dh we should have a 3d/4d ultrasound so we can see his face and hopefully decide on the perfect name for him.

Why do you announce the names before the birth? In France it's considered bad luck so nobody ever announces the name beforehand.
It's the same with baby showers, the French always have a party for the baby after the birth but never beforehand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->