Not sure if I should be worried... Please tell me I'm being stupid...

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Ok so I'm heading toward reaching 34 weeks on Monday coming and baby's movements have increased drastically overnight and feel almost too fast at times (like a fast punching bag kind of feeling) the movements are so wild sometimes it has been very painful and takes my breath away entirely. I know reduced movements are no laughing matter but what about when it goes the other way? Can increased movements like I described be cause for worry that babes could be in distress??

I feel dumb even asking... Because I feel like I'm just going to be told I'm silly. Any and all advice welcome!!

Thank you in advance!!

Im 41 weeks and my baby is not stopping what so ever. I have always been thinking that and ask my ob he says active baby is healthy baby. Its terrible not being able to control what goes on in there

I say call the midwife...

https://www.countthekicks.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/what-is-increased-fetal-movement/

xx

Oh man, trust me when I say I understand! Lol. Around the same time I started getting those sudden crazy movements where I felt like she was trying to escape out of my belly button. They say the further along you get, they tend to quiet down as they loose room. I'm calling complete BS on that as she just got more aware of her suroundings and herself and just let her presence be known whenever possible! Lol. But I remember when it first started how I would freak out, "what if she's struggling because the cord is wrapped around her neck?" "What if she accidentally detaches her placenta?!" So many worries. My midwife reassured me everything is fine. But boy am I just thrilled to have her so I can stop guessing what is going on in there.

My baby has a mad few hours now and again but if you think it's not normal for your baby I would say give your midwife a call.

If its out of your baby normal pattern then its worth getting it double checked.

I panicked when having harry after he had a mad day of movements at 34 weeks midwife came out and he was fine just a one off party lol
But if your worried call they won't mind checking hun x

I had this with my first pregnancy. He was big and I had an anterior placenta so I could literally go days without movement. Then one day around 32 weeks or so, he went crazy! I mean like 130+ in a day! I was on cloud 9. I had not felt that many my whole pregnancy. I happened to go to a baby shower for a friend that night and was making small talk with someone and mentioned how excited i was that he had moved so much that day. She told me things like that only happen ehen the cord is around the neck and they are struggling to live. Needless to say, I freaked out! And it was after hours of course. :) I called the next morning and to make me feel better the OB had me come in. They said they had never heard of stuff like that but it never hurts to check it out. Better safe than sorry. He was doing just fine in there - he just had a happy day!
If it worries you, by all means have your dr check it out. Peace of mind is priceless!!

I'd call and get it checked just for peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->