Not sure if in prem labour or BH's? Baby HR very fast on doppler,is he ok?34 weeks

Emmie M

Reaction score
I posted before about being in pain. I havent got diarrhea anymore and felt ok but this morning have ben very crampy,pubic line/pelvis area,like period pains but hurt more,could they just be BH's,I'm a big girl so cant feel or see tummy go hard. I just came to have a lie down and thought I would listen to him on the doppler,his heartbeat sounds very very fast,sounds twice as fast as it should be. Is he ok or do you think he's in touble? Dont know what to do. When I rang maternity before they werent intersted at all and totally fobbed me off. I have been having sharp pains in my cervix/vagina,had that before my other 2 were born,before I went into labour

I replied to your other thread, can you feel him having a wiggle? I heard my LO when she was really active for the first time the other day and her heartrate was really fast. I was in the maternity day unit and the MW was just laughing about how manic she was.

Have you had a show/ lost any waters / had any contractions since the other day? Can you book in to see MW at your normal docs to put your mind at rest?

Have got midwife appt anyway on weds. I get a pain then baby is super wriggly as if he didnt like it. The superfast heartbeat from him was when he wasnt being very active. He's a lazy one anyway and doesnt move around that much

Id just say youre in pain n go in to be checked. Im a worrier though hehe My LOs HB was always 140bpm and the day before i went into full labour it was around 180bpm? that might not mean anything i dunno i never asked? Hope youre ok xxx

Well tbh, the pains may be baby moving into position getting ready for labour. The stabby pains in cervix, again I wouldn't worry, I've had these for the last couple weeks. As for the heartbeat, he may be only moving slightly, even that would up his heartrate.. Count the bpm for 30secs (I need the help of my phone usually - to time 30secs while I keep count of beats) and then times it by 2, that'll give you bpm. Anything upto 180bpm is normal.

He is already head down and in pos,I'm just concerned as this is how I felt before I went into labout with number 2,but maternity didnt want to know at all. I have listened to him on resting and when he's moving,usually about the same,this time it sounded very fast. I have still felt odd today and have still had some cramps,when I get a cramp I get very hot,again,the same as I was in labour. I am going to see how I feel tonight and tomorrow morning (if he's active) and if I still feeling odd then I will ring maternity in the morning and ask them and to see if I can at the very least be put on a monitor for a while to check all is ok,thank you all for commenting

If your really worried, call them back today.. They are there to reassure you. I did this last week, they fobbed me off, I said look I'd really rather I came in, so I did. Honestly, don't let them fob you off if your concerned x

I agree, don't be afraid to ring!

I would say baby prob is just very active, is your placenta anterior - that can prevent you feeling movements as you say you never feel many?

You know your body better than anyone. If you're concerned for the well being of your LO than don't let some lady who answers the phone discourage that. I will say that whenever my LO moves her head around I get period pains too. Sharp pains in the cervix from her head being so low and tons of pressure too. Went to the dr. today who informed me that she is all the way head down, 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. Since you've gone through labor before you're the best person to decide if something is going on. I hope all's well for you and baby. Take charge, i say! Waddle into that maternity ward and just choose a bed to lay down on. Chances are no one will say no to a pregnancy woman who knows what she wants :)

Placenta is/was posterior,now says on notes fundal I think. Feel fine now so maybe it was a bug that triggered BH's?

I posted before about being in pain. I havent got diarrhea anymore and felt ok but this morning have ben very crampy,pubic line/pelvis area,like period pains but hurt more,could they just be BH's,I'm a big girl so cant feel or see tummy go hard. I just came to have a lie down and thought I would listen to him on the doppler,his heartbeat sounds very very fast,sounds twice as fast as it should be. Is he ok or do you think he's in touble? Dont know what to do. When I rang maternity before they werent intersted at all and totally fobbed me off. I have been having sharp pains in my cervix/vagina,had that before my other 2 were born,before I went into labour

As for the pain, if you are having pains which are quite uncomfortable then you know your body, get checked out.

As for the heartrate. This is one of the reasons it is advised not to have a doppler because those not trained in interpreting fetal hearts get stressed when they try to interpret the baby's pattern. But obviously it is reassuring to just hear it.

The heart rate can raise significantly during activity as ours does with activity, this is normal and a healthy sign. So your baby's heart rate at rest will be running along a baseline of between 110-160bpm and it is very reassuring to have it increase during active periods to as much as 180bpm. This fast heart rate could have been an acceleration you were hearing which should settle back down to his/her basline. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->