Not sure what my deal is.....

ready4num2

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my problem is. Idk know how to explain it. My I'm depressed? I'm 4 1/2 months PP. Right after DD2 I felt just down and felt that DH and I were drifting apart I even thought he didn't love me. I never had that before. It seemed to have gone away for the most part. This past week though I feel like it's back and worse then before. I just have no motivation. I'm not currently working so I'm home all day with DD which I love! I'll just sit at home all day and pretty much do nothing. I'll tend to DD which does not bother me, but when she's sitting quietly on her own or sleeping, I just sit too. Sometimes I'll even go into my bedroom and sit by myself. I'm getting that 'DH doesn't love me' feeling again. He's not doing anything wrong and I nag him for anything he does or doesn't do. I feel so bad for being like this towards him. I think he kind of senses when I get in these moods because he will ask if I'm ok and what not. Today was just horrible I don't even know why. DH came home and I've pretty much ignored him. I've handed off DD to him, which I never do, and I've been just sitting in our room alone for the last few hours. Everyone keeps calling me to make plans to do things and I just make excuses and don't have the motivation to get up and go. :( I really hate this, this isn't typically me.

Just to add....we've been actively TTC again and we were both so excited. Now I just don't want to. I don't feel like DTD.

Ppd can happen anytime up to a yr after birth. If you don't feel yourself and it is affecting your life, I suggest going to see your doctor or speaking with someone you trust. In canada there is a hot line you can call as well.

Want to tell you your not alone. Sending hugs xxxxx

Thanks ladies. It's really putting a strain on my marriage. We legit fight every day now. I told him it was over the other day. This really sucks and I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor.

Sound like a good idea. I'm struggling with some ppd too and some days are just bad.

Thinking of you honey :hugs: I have pnd and I have often felt the same. I once told my DH that he may as well leave me because I'm so crap and useless. It got so much better after I'd seen the Dr and got help. Things are a million times better with DH and he has been really understanding. You're not alone <3

Ladies do you go to your OB for this or your primary?

I feel like I take a giant step forward then get knocked back 3 afterwards. I think my DH is tired of dealing with my emotional roller coaster.

I saw my gp. They are following me and also got me in touch with a ppd social worker in my area to speak with.

I just took a test and got a BFP today! Maybe this was all due to hormones? I feel overly excited and thrilled. Haven't told DH yet.

Oh hun. You sound quite low. Lack of motivation and relationship anxiety can be symptoms of depression. That doesn't mean you have ppd but it sounds like you need to talk to DH about this. Or if you feel you can't talk to him, speak to your GP about therapy. Talking to someone who is unbiased can be very helpful. Dont let them palm you off with meds though. I would say meds are a last resort! I have felt extremely distant from my partner since dc3 was born. After having a baby we are so hormonal and vulnerable. Speak to him if you can.

Oh wow just read that youre pregnant again. congrats!! Hopefully just hormones then but be aware of how youre feeling and seek help if you need to. Don't leave it if it doesnt get better good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->