Not sure where to post this sorry??

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
I've been googling for a while but can't seem to find any answers!
I was induced two weeks early with my son as a) I had gestational diabetes and b) a growth scan showed him to be 10lbs (in fact, he was only 7lbs 7oz but that's another story)

My question(s) are...

I was put on the hormone drip to induce labour and they put it to the highest dosage they could, but after 14 hours I had only dilated to 3cm, even though I was having extremely painful contractions every few minutes, baby's heartbeat kept dipping so had to go for emergency section which was a nightmare as the epidural didn't work, legs started bouncing around the table as I felt everything and WHAM was knocked out staight away. So, does anyone know why sometimes the cervix refuses to dilate please? :wacko:

Next question..
We are ttc at the mo for #2.. and ok, I'm planning ahead :haha:
I've been looking in to Vbac.. but, what are the chances of my cervix not dilating again, etc and having another emergency section?
Has anyone been in the same situation? :shrug:

I'd love to try for a vbac.. but don't think I could cope with the labour for so long, not dilating then rushing to theatre again, it was such a let down!

Any advice/feedback is really appreciated! Thanks :) :flower:

This may be best in pregnancy club or something hun....good luck xxx

You should probably post in TTC and possibly Pregnancy Club or Postnatal. Good luck

Hi hun. I was induced 3 times after my water broke meconium stained for 18 hrs but I only dilated 1 cm with no contractions (I felt nothing). LO's heart rate started to drop & I ended up with emergency CS. I wasnt given reasons other than baby still too high & pelvic bones narrow. I'm not sure about VBAC as DS is my 1st but I'm planning for an elective CS next time as I cant go through the whole thing again. My DS was born tired & needed assistance to breath. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->