Not taking a bottle?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by scrumpy78, Jun 4, 2011.

1. scrumpy78

scrumpy78 Pregnant Due April

LO is 8 weeks old, exclusively breastfed, and I would like her to take the occasional bottle of EBM. She will only do do when asleep at the dream feed. I've tried other times of day and she just takes the teat, chews on it or messes about with it no sucking. Ive tried when she crying and hungry, other people have tried while out the house. Ive been using tommee tippee closer to nature but also tried Dr Brown. I'm getting frustrated and upset that she will only have my breast, I'd like her to have a little independence if u understand. I have a 2 yr old thats pretty much getting ignored due to constant feeding.

2. lauren-kate

lauren-kate Well-Known Member

Have you tried with a cup? I know it's hard as I'm in a similar position with my LO. She's a little older (nearly 5 months), so we've started using a sippy cup (with a spout). She seems to prefer this to the bottles.

3. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

Have you tried feeding her a bit first so she is not hungry, then trying the bottle?

It took us ages to get Erin to take a bottle, but I was giving up whenever she got a bit upset and I think this was the reason it took us so long. You may need to try a few bottles unfortunately. Hope you get it sorted soon.