Not trying, Not preventing & Prenatal Vitamins

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
So me and my hubby are ntnp.

i was reading and i think i should start taking prenatal vitamins?
im taking normal womens multivitamin now , and it has 400 mcg? folic acid in it.

is this good enough, or should i start taking prenatal vitamins?

We could become pregnant every month now since we dont use protection.
We use withdrawal but sometimes my hubby isnt quick enough with pulling out :haha:

I'm WTT and not really careful with protection (cuz we want a kid so bad!) hehe and I take materna prenatal vitamins. They're good for you whether you are TTC or not so I figure hey, why not.

I am WTT and have started taking a folic acid supplement in addition to my regular vitamins. (800MG total)

You can switch to prenatals if it makes you feel better, but Folic Acid is also found in most breakfast cereals, enriched bread, pasta's, lentils, OJ, spinach, asparagus, grapefruit, pineapple etc. etc.

So if in addition to your women's vitamin you maintain a healthy diet and include these types of foods you should be getting all the Folic Acid you need. :)

I would start taking them now if I were you. It takes a couple mints to build up your stores. Might as well get a head start on it, doesn't hurt :). I'm in the same boat as you ntnp and taking prenatals.

Cool, mbara, which prenatals are you taking?

I'm taking the one a day prenatals. They don't make me sick which I love!

So me and my hubby are ntnp.

i was reading and i think i should start taking prenatal vitamins?
im taking normal womens multivitamin now , and it has 400 mcg? folic acid in it.

is this good enough, or should i start taking prenatal vitamins?

We could become pregnant every month now since we dont use protection.
We use withdrawal but sometimes my hubby isnt quick enough with pulling out :haha:

A lot of normal multivitamins have a lot of vitamin A in which should not be taken in early pregnancy as it is thought to cause birth defects so I would check for that seen as there is a chance you could fall pregnant.

I take a prenatal vitamin and I won't be ttc for aggggess, but just incase because we use withdrawal. :thumbup:

I'm TTC next april but NTNP now, should i be taking them anyway?

Everybody who is NTNP should be taking prenatal vitamins in my opinion, as there's every chance you could get pregnant. The higher levels of Folic acid in particular and other vitamins in prenatals are important in the first few weeks of pregnancy to prevent defects etc. There's also no Vitamin A in prenatals, which can be harmful to a growing baby.

Everybody who is NTNP should be taking prenatal vitamins in my opinion, as there's every chance you could get pregnant. The higher levels of Folic acid in particular and other vitamins in prenatals are important in the first few weeks of pregnancy to prevent defects etc. There's also no Vitamin A in prenatals, which can be harmful to a growing baby.

Thanks for this information, i better go grab some then while i have some spare money. I thought i had to take them, but because the chances of concieving by the withdrawl method are low i thought i wouldn't need to just yet :nope:. I learn something new on this forum quite often.

So I went to CVS and picked up some prenatal vitamins.

I got the CVS brand thats pink (compared to one a day), it has 2 bottles in it, 1 with vitamins and 1 with DHA..
:happydance:

I take the regular One a Day Women's multivitamin and an extra 400 mcg of folic acid. I've been taking the multivitamin for years and recently added the extra folic acid.

What about pre/probiotics? Are they safe to take? I currently take the Boots probiotic multivitamin, but reading stuff about the vitamin A in regular multivitamins has freaked me out. Since we've started using withdrawal I should be taking a prenatal anyway, just in case. The prenatals I've seen don't have probiotics in, and I wonder if thats cos they are not recommended, or could I take them seperately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->