Not washing hands after handling raw meat-contamination?

worriedmummy1

Reaction score
My new roomate has pretty poor personal hygene, but one thing that has upset me badly is when he was cooking he was handling raw meat while using his laptop and also did not wash his hands. I talked to him and it went well, while he didn't agree it was something to worry about he agreed to wash his hands more but admited he had not been previously.

I cleaned up and disinfected much of the room, but I'm sure I may have missed somethings. I'm now very concerned about possible contamination. I want to know 1. What kind of things I could pick up from raw meat residue (listeria, toxoplasmosis, trichosis are all these possible?) and how long will the raw meat residue remain infectious if I have missed some?

Thanks for the help.

How often do you lick surfaces or lick your fingers/eat without washing your hands? If not very often, I'd stop worrying!

I am not sure of all the bacteria aspect of it. But common sense you handle meat any type you wash your hands after. If you are touching everything after handling the meat and not washing your hands of course it will be everywhere you touch. I not only wash my hands I use a paper towel to dry my hands also , cause the dish-cloth holds germs on it . I know it is wasting paper towels but I just feel better to do it this way. I also wash the cutting board when there is meat on it. I mean I am not a germ freak but you should wash your hands after handling meat or going to the bathroom. I mean there are always going to be germs, but you can wash your hands and limit your exposure a bit. Good Luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->