notifying MW of intentions for HB

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
i saw my MW the other day for my 28 week appointment. its my second pregnancy so i get reduced MW appointments.
now weve finally decided to go with a HB this is the first chance ive had to raise the issue with a MW. when i got to the appointment it was a relief MW and she said she couldnt arrange anything and that i should let them know next time at my 34 week appointment.
tbh ive never seen the same MW twice at my appointments and my care has been a bit slap dash because of that. should i call the MW team at the hospital to notify them that i want a HB or will i be ok to wait till 34 weeks??? i just like to be prepaired is all.

You can notify them you are having a home birth when you're in established labour!! There's no rush and they often leave things until later on just so they can decide if they would advise you against home birth......not that it matters because it's your choice but it seems to be fairly standard and I'm guessing later is better for organising on call rotas too. Go ahead and plan your home birth. You don't need permission and or to let them know. :)

I had to remind my MWs several times that I was planning a HB, at almost every appointment it seemed... I think after the 34w appointment is when they really need to start thinking about it, bringing the HB kit to your house, etc- as like MM said, thinking about rotas and all that, too. Keep on as you are :)

i think im just keen to get the kit or at least a list of what i need to get so i know its ready then.

tell them at your 34 wk appointment they should arrange a home visit for a chat and to give you a list of what you will need at about 36/37wks

They don't bring a kit in all areas. All you really need to birth your baby easily, is you. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->