November baby - hoping for a "fit buddy"

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I normally life a very active lifestyle and practice eating all fruits and veggies, some meat, but no processed foods.

I've found this challenging so far and have gained a bit more than I wanted/should. I'm finally able to get back to the gym, and the nausea seems to be on the way out. So I'm hoping for a fit buddy to help motivate and encourage through the remaining months. :)

I found you! Ha you can't hide from me. I told you we are going to be bump buddies! (I actually was looking for a place to start something for us!) Can I be one of your fit buddies? Unless you are sick of me of course :haha:

I thought you'd never get here!!!

Lets do it! Come one, come all!!

So today I am plaining of trying to go for a light jog after work. That is if I don't fall asleep while putting on my shoes! I also really re-worked my breakfast. Instead of my normal cereal, I went for two eggs and some sautéed mushrooms. I am hoping to cut back some on cheese and bread, but OMG they are the 2nd love of my life. I'm hoping to stay in the 140 lbs zone for my 1st trimester. That gives me about 5 lbs to play with as I am right now.

That's a great goal - especially because of water retention!

Also love the healthy choices -- bread and cheese are my loves as well, so I know what a goal that is !

Breakfast sounds good! I had greek yogurt and a banana. I should definitely eat more eggs, so that's my goal for this weekend!

Hope you get to that jog...!

Just waiting for the she to get home so we can go.

Welp did not go for a run on Friday but I went for a 2 mile walk on Saturday and an even longer walk yesterday. Its all I can manage a I feel like a stuffed sausage all of the time. I don't remember being this uncomfortable last time. Had a good breakfast every day so far, but yesterday was my niece's b-day party and I ended up eating a lot of chips :dohh: Did either of you ladies notice that your bloat was way worse the second time around? I can barely fit into my pants and I'm only 4 wks!

Okay so it's funny yiu mention that.....

I JUST asked Dh if it was possible I'd show quicker the third time. I know after full term pregnancies, women grow quicker in subsequent pregnancies. Granted my uterus didn't grow as much as that, but I SWEAR it got instantly bigger and earlier. Dh said its totally possible because it's all the muscles that reactivate. And especially because they were recent, it's almost second nature for my uterus at least.

I definitely have a bump now. Legit. At 12 weeks. I noticed it today in work clothes. But the weird clothing fit happened much earlier this time, like 6 weeks or so.

So yes. Sorry I rambled lol

Never apologize about rambling to me. Its just talking. :haha:

OK breakfasts have gone downhill. I started eating muffins. they are blueberry though, so they count as a fruit :winkwink: I have been walking a lot more. I did 3 miles yesterday (in two batches) so I'm feeling pretty good about myself so far.

What are some things you ladies are doing?

Well I was on a solid gym schedule for the last 2 weeks, but since I'm home working this week i haven't gone. I work an hour away so I leave at 7:30am, work 8:30-3:30 and then get home around 5. ALso, I can't use the gym here. SOOOO.....today I did 100 squats, some leg ups and some crunches. Still no sit ups for me.

I've also been eating fruits and veggies at work, tonight I had whole wheat pasta for dinner.

I definitely feel and look thicker, but I'm at least getting a legit bump now. Yay!! Hope all is well. I can't wait to get back to the gym on Monday though.

Ps. Your muffins sound so good!!!!!!! And way to go on the walking :)

That is a lot of squats! I'm gonna try and do some today. My goal is 100 too (but I'll break mine up into 4 sets throughout the day) I always forget about squats but that is exactly what my butt needs :haha:

Yay for your bump! I can't wait to get mine. I have a stretchy pair or maternity pants with my name on them.

I got really upset this morning thinking that by the end of this journey, I could be 180 lbs! Yikes, that is more than my DH! I gotta remember that its healthy and necessary.

on 3rd set of squats :thumbup: Only 25 left! I could possibly add a few more sets in today. I also looked up some prenatal workouts on youtube and I'm excited to do one tonight when I get home.

Way to go on the squats!!! Breaking then up makes them easier to fit in lol. I just dread them all day, so I get them over with in one shot lol.

I know, I want to wear dresses all summer. Pants are too uncomfortBle.

Hey bump buddy! I am on set number 2 of 100 squats. I was not too good about exercising over the weekend. I did go for a walk on saturday but I was hoping to fit more in. I have been feeling a little down on myself these last few days. I can't believe how much my body has changed! Do you know if it is safe to do planks?

I'm not 100% sure about planks, but I don't see why not. Abdominal exercises are fairly safe in the first trimester.

I wasn't very good for the last week either - I was at home, and just not in the mood. I'm going back to the gym tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.

Way to go on the squats. I'm about to do squats, some crunches and leg lifts? I don't know what they're called...but I'm going with that lol

Are you talking about the ones you do on all fours and lift tour leg up behind you? I like those. I hate lounges though and refuse to do them. I am always afraid I am going to pop out my knees!

lol those, and the ones where you lay on your side and life your leg up and down slowly..

Yep I do those too. I haven't been good about doing those so much lately, but I used to do a whole bunch all the time.

Update on the squats, I move to doing 150 in 3 sets of 50. Hopefully it will help shrink the state of FL I've got attached to my behind. Do you know any moves that help saddlebags? Yep, I've got those :dohh:

I also had an alright breakfast. A few pieces of cut up chicken and granola bar. I'm trying to ween off sugar since it has been making my stomach upset anyway but I'm having a problem because I'm craving it. Why can't I crave carrot sticks and chickpeas!

Way to go on the squats!!! Love it.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any that help...except cardio (running, treadmill etc) boring. But works.

I wish I coukd crave those things also haha. But nope, for me it's English muffins with peanut butter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->