Now THAT'S a catch!!!

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Check out the picture of this MW catching a baby at a home birth....

Here....

That's one in the eye for consultants and MWs who insist on women birthing in positions THEY find convenient!

And to think that in the UK MWs who work independently so they can offer women exactly this kind of care are under serious threat :(

Please consider joining the group below and take a moment to show your appreciation and help save independent midwifery.

Fighting for Independent Midwifery

LOL yup, totally agree. I was discussing our plan for labour with my MW the other day, and she said she defied me to come up with a position that she wouldn't be able and willing to catch the baby in!

I joined the group - what are they planning on doing to the IM's?

If things continue as they are regarding indemnity insurance they could be completed outlawed by October 2013. They are making the insurance impossible to afford and at the moment they can operate without but if they make it compulsory they're screwed. Currently it can be around £20k a year for the insurance and IMs often don't earn that!

https://www.independentmidwives.org.uk/?node=11615

That's an amazing website! I really want to fight for a home birth if I ever have another baby although I'm slightly worried about the risk of another breech baby!

If things continue as they are regarding indemnity insurance they could be completed outlawed by October 2013. They are making the insurance impossible to afford and at the moment they can operate without but if they make it compulsory they're screwed. Currently it can be around £20k a year for the insurance and IMs often don't earn that!

https://www.independentmidwives.org.uk/?node=11615

Shameful. Midwifes in communities and families have been operating without insurance for thousands of years, and did a fabulous job. Childbirth is not pathological, it's beautiful and natural. Stupid world! :growlmad:

That's an amazing website! I really want to fight for a home birth if I ever have another baby although I'm slightly worried about the risk of another breech baby!

In theory you shouldnt be fighting for HB in Wales! They are the UK trailblazers!!

That pic made me laugh ... I hope that lady hoovers under her bed more than I do!

x

Midwives do it in any position! At first I thought the laboring women was under the bed until I looked closer. Too cute!

I was gonna say the same. no way anyone could climb under my bed with the amount of jacobs cream crackers wrappers there are under there! Wouldnt it be nice if all MW were like this :cloud9:

It took me a while to work out who was doing what there.

My baby would be very fluffy if it came out under the bed :blush:

I only have divans, so unless you were about a cm in height, you wouldn't fit under any of my beds hehe!

I could go and hide in the cupboard under the stairs or some other tucked away place though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->