NPR article says we're all clueless ;)

Rosered52

Reaction score
https://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/01/27/267025357/youd-think-wed-have-baby-making-all-figured-out-but-no

I thought it was an interesting piece. But is it really true you can't get pregnant after ovulation???? Hmm. :wacko:

i thought it was quite obvious that pregnancy would be more likely to not occue after ovulation? i guess my reasoning is that by the time the sperm get there then the egg will be dying. dont you need the sperm already there so that when the egg is released it is then fertilised?

i've no idea! lol

I always thought the 4 days before ovulation were the best days to have sex on if one wanted to fall pregnant. Perhaps the survey had women who weren't too concerned with TTC answer it?

Totally normal, sperm can live 5 days but need time to mature (capacitation) And the egg only lives for 12 hours (24 hours if you really push it). And you get the good cervical mucus BEFORE ovulation, not the day of or after. DD1 was conceived by BD'ing 3-4 days before O; DD2 was 1-2 days before. When we started ttc, we would put too much emphasis on O day, and never got a bfp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->