NT results back? Help?

C

Char93

Hi I just got a letter through about my Down syndrome combined screening.
I was wondering if someone could help me with my results. Test was done at 12 weeks 6 days and my bloods were done at 13 weeks 6 days.

It says ( trisomy 21 ) Background risk. 1:1534. Adjusted risk: 1:30684

Free beta HCG: 39.040 IU/I is that good, low or high?

What's PAPP-A: 14.320 IU/I equivalent to 2.3456 MoM adjusted by factor 10.000

And the measurements are these ok? Sorry I'm a worrier.

CRL: 65.3mm
NT: 1.70mm

Any help please lady's? I know it says I'm low risk, but what do all these readings and things mean?

hi there, don't want to read and run...i'm no expert and i haven't even got my full blood test results for my NT scan yet (long story) but basically your ratios look good. The ratios are the probability of your baby having down syndrome and the other associated disorders so 1 in 1534 chance is great! If you're getting anything lower say 1:20 then there's cause for concern. The only other thing i recognise is the CRL measurements which is the length of your baby (top of the head to bottom of bum) and 65mm sounds about right. Mine was 71mm at 13+2 so that sounds perfect. The NT is the size of the fold behind your baby's neck which is usually an indicator for downs if it's past a certain size. Again i think mine was 1.70mm and the tech said that was fine.

As for the rest of it I'm clueless. My blood sample mysteriously disappeared and when i had my midwife appt to discuss the results they were non-existent so i had to take another set of bloods. I get to find out on monday.

I'd say there's nothing worrying about your results. if you need more info you could ask your dr or midwife. x

Hi there

I was the same as you after my scan and bloods. I had all these numbers and was looking at them thinking, ok that's fine but what?!

So the first load about chromosomal disorders, the first number I guess is based on your history, age, etc so "background risk" and that is already pretty low 1 in 1534 chance of having a baby with this type of problem. This is then adjusted based on the results of these two tests so that the chance is now 1 in 30684 of having a baby with these problems. Those are pretty good odds for you. I think they suggest further testing if the figures come back at 1:200.

I'm not sure what the other two numbers are, but I suspect they are the specific hormones that are looked at to determine the risks in the previous numbers, so must be pretty low?

The other two are measurements, so CRL is crown to rump length (I think) and NT is the neck fold thickness. A value higher than 2 for NT might prompt them, along with blood results, to suggest further testing. But yours looks just right. My results had a little graph with the "normal" line on it running at about 1.7-1.8mm.

I kind of wish they didn't give you all these numbers with your results. I just want a yes/no answer (as much as possible), and having the numbers there is just a bit confusing if you're not in the trade!

I had my 2nd blood draw last week and was told that if something came back with a risk then they would call b/c they would need to discuss the next steps to take and if all is good then I would get a letter. Since you got a letter I would say you don't have to worry. Yay! Plus you can always call your doctor to confirm, we're not medical experts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->