NT scan in an hour.

Misscalais

Reaction score
And for some reason im freaking out!
I've never been this nervous before a scan.. i guess because MS is still really bad so I'm hoping i don't throw up and im hoping to see a girly nub.. im excited to see baby :)

Thank you :)
And typical, they are running late! 20 minutes and counting, still have another lady in front of me D: not good when you have a full bladder.

Hope it all went well Hun and hope u have a little girl in there fingers crossed for girly nubs x

Thanks girls. No nub shot :( the pics she gave me were terrible.
After the appt ran an hour late baby wouldn't roll into a good position, had to go for a walk and get blood work done and come back. Baby still wouldn't get into a good position and because my uterus is back to front she was having a hard time. And it ended up being a vaginal scan at the end.
But baby looks healthy so thats the main thing. Feeling disappointed though it was so rushed and paying $180 for it as well.

Sorry you were disappointed glad baby looked OK though x

Nothing worse than scans running late on a full bladder!!! I'm in Australia too and the place I was referred to was $250 for the nt scan without a debate.... I managed to find another place that did concession for $105, I don't remember it costing so much with my daughter....although I was working so maybe I didn't notice it so much. Fingers crossed you see girly bits at your next scan :)

Nooo!!! Oh love, I am so sorry!! I know youve been waiting for this day! =( I'm glad baby is healthy tho!

Sorry u didn't get a nub shot! Excellence bubs was all healthy tho! Xx

Sorry you didn't get a nub shot but glad all is ok with baby xx

Thanks everyone. Hopefully will be able to book next scan in 5 weeks if i can get hubby to have a day that works with DH.

Nothing worse than scans running late on a full bladder!!! I'm in Australia too and the place I was referred to was $250 for the nt scan without a debate.... I managed to find another place that did concession for $105, I don't remember it costing so much with my daughter....although I was working so maybe I didn't notice it so much. Fingers crossed you see girly bits at your next scan :)
Wow thats soooo expensive!! I also have to pay for the bloods because apparently NT bloods aren't covered by medicare. That bill will come in the mail, i don't remember having to pay for it with DS3. At least ill get some sort of rebate from medicare for the scan. I can't remember how much she said.

Yeah I couldn't believe it - didn't have to pay for bloods thank goodness. She said it wasn't covered by Medicare because not was deemed an unnecessary ultrasound....I'd say it's pretty necessary!!! Found out that our 20 week ultrasound and any needed after that will be bulk billed so that was a surprise

Wow what a load of crap. I definitely think it is for some people anyway.
I have to pay for my 20 week scan but only because its a private clinic and for some reason the mw will only give you referral to that particular place. All my other scans were free with my 1st two ( in qld )

It's crazy how much it can differ in different places in the same country

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->