NT scan tomorrow, being positive

pansorie

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my 12 week nt scan. My mind has been racing. The internet doesn't help with the whole thing about us "geriatric moms" having a higher risk for basically everything. I asked my husband if he was nervous, and he said no. When I asked him why he said because the odds are in our favor that everything will be OK. I am trying to keep his positive outlook! The apprehension for this scan is worse than my 8 week one. Wish me luck!!

Good luck!

fx for you, hope that everything turns out okay. :)

Tomorrow is my 12 week nt scan. My mind has been racing. The internet doesn't help with the whole thing about us "geriatric moms" having a higher risk for basically everything. I asked my husband if he was nervous, and he said no. When I asked him why he said because the odds are in our favor that everything will be OK. I am trying to keep his positive outlook! The apprehension for this scan is worse than my 8 week one. Wish me luck!!

I hope everything goes well. Can the nt scan be taken by blood work? I had some blood work done for downs and other diseases. Is this the same thing?

Haven't gotten my results but wondering if I should ask for this at new hospital just in case it's different

I hope everything goes well. Can the nt scan be taken by blood work? I had some blood work done for downs and other diseases. Is this the same thing?

Haven't gotten my results but wondering if I should ask for this at new hospital just in case it's different

NT scan stands for nuchal translucency scan. It is basically a more indepth ultrasound where they check the fluids around the neck, measure the crl, and look for the nasal bone, among other things (from my understanding). It will give the mother an idea of the baby's risk for Downs and other chromosome abnormalities. My doctor really did not give me a choice on the matter because of my age (35, will be 36 at term). When I hesitated she threw out the whole "high risk pregnancy" thing and then said "and you get to see your baby again!" That alone sold me, lol.

I think there is a blood test that will go along with it, but I am really not sure what to expect.

I have mine on Wednesday morning...first scan at 12 weeks.
Just as nervous as first time round if not more, but that's natural I guess!
Fingers crossed everything is ok for us 😊

Good luck to you!
How old are you? I am 38 and my first scan as well as NT scan is next week.

Best of luck! I have mine tomorrow too and I'm so so nervous! X

Good luck to you!
How old are you? I am 38 and my first scan as well as NT scan is next week.

I am 36 years old. :D My doctor is the one insisting on these scans because of my age (being so close to retirement, and all ;)). I feel she is competent, and knows better than I what I should have done.

And the NT scan went AWESOME!!! We saw the baby kicking, squirming, and flopping around. We actually saw it lift it's hand and start sucking its thumb!! :baby: We also saw the heartbeat, spine, and the placenta.

Baby was not being cooperative with showing off its nose. LO basically kept the hand at its face the entire time, lol, sucking away, but the tech saw the nasal bone.

The fluid around the neck measured 1.3mm, which she said is excellent, and within perfectly normal range. Heartbeat was 164 bpm for both the tech and about 30 min later when the doctor checked.

I had my blood drawn and will get the results later this week. My next appt. is not until mid January and that is going to be another ultrasound, except more indepth. I was told they will look at all the internal organs, and it would take about an hour.

Word of advice, ladies: Don't stress or be nervous. Like my husband LOOOOVES to remind me, the odds are in YOUR favor. I think I wasted my time being scared that something was wrong when I should have been just excited about what I was going to get to see.

Feeling very positive!! :cloud9:

PS. My husband is a Research Scientist (physics). He just announced to his colleagues by sending an email with the ultrasound pic and the message: "Some interesting data..." :D

Thats great!
Everyone is getting such wonderful scans today.

Congrats to you :)
It gives me hope for mine!!

My 12 week scan is also tomorrow at noon. Omg cant wait and also nervous

Good luck to all of you other "scanners"

Lol awesome. I was going to let you know that you have nothing to worry about. In my city (toronto canada ) nt scan is now part of every woman's prenatal care. It used to be for women 35 and over so for my first 3 pregnancies I didn't receive it. But my 4th was 10 yrs ago and I was only 25 yrs I had it done. My last pregnancy I delivered at 35 again nt scan and I had very low measurements as well but we saw her sucking her thumb which was amazing at just 12 weeks! I'm so glad your mind is at ease and hubby's announcement was genius! Congrats!

Congrats on a good scan mine today went also really great :) sooo happy :)

I got my labwork back today! They were fast, too, they called me early on the second morning. All my labwork came back normal, and chance of down syndome and Trysomy 21 (I believe) is 1:4301.

For the first time in my pregnancy I almost feel like I can relax. I am over the moon!! :D

I got my labwork back today! They were fast, too, they called me early on the second morning. All my labwork came back normal, and chance of down syndome and Trysomy 21 (I believe) is 1:4301.

For the first time in my pregnancy I almost feel like I can relax. I am over the moon!! :D

Brilliant! They said they will call me with the results if there is Something to worry about and if I don't hear from them all is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->