Ntnp #1

JWhit13

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! my name is Jenna. :flower:

my husband and i are NTNP! :happydance:. super excited but kind of nervous as well. Im 23 and this will be our first child. i have been charting and using FAM as birth control for the past 6 months and it was going great! until i decided to come off my anxiety medications that iv been on since i was 10. i feel fine but it has completely messed up my cycle. i havent ovulated at all this month and im not sure when ill get my period. im slightly concerned about when it will regulate and if it will cause issues with getting pregnant. does anyone else have any experience with medications messing with your cycle when you come off of them?

Hi Jenna :flower:

I don't have any useful advice about medications messing up a cycle (I'm sure one of the lovely ladies here will have some experience though) but I do want to say welcome and good luck!

I can understand your worry about your cycle regulating because you just want to know everything is regular, normal and running smoothly don't you, so that conception can actually happen? I came off the pill about four weeks ago and although is not long, even the wait for my first AF has been a bit frustrating, so I can understand how frustrated you must feel. My first AF arrived four days ago and I am relieved as hopefully it suggests that things are getting back to normal and that once I know they are I can just get on with NTNP without the extra concern about if I am/am not even ovulating.

I'm sure your cycle will regulate soon, within a couple of months, maybe even quicker.

Let us know how you get on. x

It is very very frustrating. First cycle, cd30 and no ovulation yet so I completely understand how unbelievably annoying it is. My cycle is going to be a minimum of 45 days and my opks have zero colour so not even gearing up to ovulate so I reckon a good 60 day cycle.

Hold on in there x

I came off of my BC Sept. 18 and I had a period from the 18th to the 28th and I have not had one since. Any woman knows BC can mess up a cycle weather your starting of stopping. As for anxiety meds, my best friend is 9 weeks and she has been on two types of anxiety meds and it had never messed up her cycles and when she stopped taking it she obviously had no problem getting pregnant. Just pray, I will too. Have hope and don't lose it. Lord knows we need it TTC.

I came off the implanon October 27th and got a period on November 22nd through the 26th. I am currently on cycle day 10 and hoping to ovulate soon. I'm NTNP but am hoping for a BFP this month. I'm 21 and recently engaged! Any friends? :)

I had already ovulated when I wrote that I think, but obviously didnt no, I got af on cd 43 but obviously turned it into cycle day 1 instead. Hoping for it to get shorter this time. If its the same length i cud either face af a day before my birthday or a nice present

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->