Ntnp #2 close in age, anyone?

belle254

Mummy to Evie and Ollie!
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I may be crazy, but me and oh have been talking about ntnp #2 some time in the not so distant future so our lo's are close in age.
He mentioned it first so he's obviously into the idea. I had a 5/6 hour labour, am fully healed now and have just had my first period (despite the fact im pumping all the time!) so I'm open to the idea.
We have savings and we live with my mum and will do for the next two years. She's going back to uni and needs financial help and someone to help with my brother (who's 7) and we needed somewhere to live cheaply so it works out for everyone really! So we'll have the support to help us with 2 little ones.

Anyone else out there with a small lo thinking about ntnp or ttc soon? x

Our LO is 6 months now, we would have tried straight away if my OH had not been made redundant :( I've never wanted much of an age gap between my children.x

Hii :) are you ntnp/ttc at the moment? We were thinking that after my 6-8 week check we'd just not use anything and see how we go. It took us 10 months to conceive Evie xx

Hi
I fell pregnant with my daughter when my son was 9 months there is 18 months between them. My daughter is now 13 weeks and I'm loving the close age gap :)

Me!! My LO is 11weeks old almost and we are ntnp.....I have a 7.5yr gap between first DS and new LO....had lots of fertility issues so decided to just let nature decide!!!! Only thing slightly worrying is bth my boys wee early, LO was born at 34weeks so worried about 3rd preemie with such a little one at home....but hey sure will be fine!!! Let me know how u get on!!!!

....It's crossed my mind, and my husband's. :haha: We might be crazy. :shrug:

We have two that are 12 1/2 months apart right now.

It's not crazy :) if you love kids and can cope mentally and physically with birth and having kids close together then I don't see why we shouldnt :) x

We're ntnp but I only stopped breast feeding recent, and AF has only been back once.x

My LO is almost 6 months and we're going to NTNP soon. I would've earlier but don't have insurance and pay all my medical costs so I wanted to pay off at least a little of it haha :)

We are ntnp and my youngest is 3 mo today. It took 8 monnths for my period to return after my first, so i feel like it may be awhile, but you never know!

i want to but Im finding it hard to discuss it with DH. I sort of mentioned a few weeks back would you want another in the future and it was all very i dont know and would we be pushing our luck (i have fertility issues too and was told id never conceive but we had LO naturally) etc.

I just feel id like to let nature decide and stop confusing my body with the pill. Did anyone find their OHs a bit unsure at first? i really need to find a way to discuss it again before 6 weeks check.

i do worry about money tho-as with two LOs itd not be worth me working but due to DH wage we wouldntget any extra assistance other than the family allowance so we do need to check we could afford but but am i stupid thinking it wouldnt cost as much as the first as you have most things? xxx

Yeah you probably have most baby things already, big items like cots and prams and such. My oh is the one who keeps suggesting ntnp, I'm tempted to put him in a room with a 1 year old and our 1 month old to give him a taster ;) x

I'll join you! Jasper is 7 months and we've just started trying for number 2. Really hope it happens quickly, roughly know when I ovulate so fingers crossed it will, would love a small age gap. I keep wondering if it's going to be happening this month....

Hiya sadie! See you've had a home birth as well. I'm probably going to wait til Eve's a few more months old before considering ntnp, I want to give my body a bit of a rest! But it's lovely to see lots of others who feel the same way! x

Yes :) had a great homebirth, no tears or anything but took me 5 months to feel ok again. Great that you feel healed though, a good sign. When i stopped bfing i felt so much more like myself. Have your periods come back yet?
x

We haven't used any bc since Ascher was born. It only took us one month for him, so I'm guessing it won't take very long for #2, once my period is back. Though I've heard that some ppl don't actually get a period again, just get pregnant right away when they ovulate that first time? Should be interesting to see what happens!

Nice to see others who had home births! Yes I think iv had a period- I stopped bleeding post birth at about 2 weeks, bled again for a few days in week 3 and again a few days ago. Confusing :/ im pumping though for my lo so it might be messing up my periods. have you sadie? X

Yeah had my first one a month ago now waiting for my next one to arrive. I keep wondering if I'm pregnant, didnt dtd that much though. But I just sneezed and had a weird stitch pain in my womb area! I got that loads when pregnant..hmm!

I've been ntnp since my daughter was 6 months and want no more than a 2 year age gap ideally! She turns 8 months on Sunday and for the past few days I've been feeling really nauseated, which gets worse when I''m in the shower (that only ever happens when I'm pregnant, never when I'm ill or stressed!), lower back pain, cramping, the works so I definitely feel pregnant! I know from experience that my body's very good at tricking me and making me feel pregnant when I'm not! Plus my period hasn't come back yet. I thought it had when she was about 8 weeks as I had spotting 4 weeks after the bleeding had stopped but I've not had anything since! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

Estelseren, sounds quite promising! When will you test?

Belle254, how old are you? I see you're a young mummy too, i'm 20...21 in a few weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->