NTNP after depo provera?

xXBabyJadeXx

Reaction score
Me and my OH have been NTNP since I came off the depo provera jab in May, AF has only been twice between May and October then 4 times in oct/nov, we are hoping to try and concieve at the start of next year. Has anybody else had problems with depo provera? Ive been reading lots of things on the net that have had me quite worried and I think I may have a struggle on my hands.

Thanks for listening.
Jade xx

Hi I had my last jab in Nov 08, so ran out in Feb 09. I had one AF at end of Aug 09 and was pregnant in Sep 09. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 3 months gone because I expected irregular periods.

So 6 months (ish) before I was pregnant, I also expected it to take a lot longer.

hi i had my last shot in july 09 been ttc since then my first period come back in march 10 and are still very irregularim taking folic acid and doing everything right no hope for me but everyone is diffferent so me and oh have been actively trying for #16 monthsbut goin to the doctors they told me that it cant take up to 18 months for everything just to get back to normal but like i said everyone is different hope i was help to you xxx and lots of

:dust: :dust:

hi i had my last shot in july 09 been ttc since then my first period come back in march 10 and are still very irregularim taking folic acid and doing everything right no hope for me but everyone is diffferent so me and oh have been actively trying for #16 monthsbut goin to the doctors they told me that it cant take up to 18 months for everything just to get back to normal but like i said everyone is different hope i was help to you xxx and lots of

:dust: :dust:

Thanks for both your replies. I am hoping after the group of almost non-stop AF that my cycle will start to get back to normal. Its nice to hear from someone in Newcastle Emma, thats where im from.

Good luck with TTC#2

xxx

hiya jade. i had my last shot of depo dec 09, so it wore off march 10 .. i didnt have a period but got caught pretty much straight away and had an early mc in april/may!
i then went on to have a period every say 5 weeks ish, now recently every 2 weeks roughly.. so havent a clue when im ovulating etc, and dont want to be contstantly poas because we arent actively trying, just ntnp. :) i hope my af regulates soon and lets me know whats goin on. good luck ttc x

My last depo was due in July but I chose not to have it. I've had no period as yet.

Last month around about this time, my breasts started to hurt loads and I got loads of other potential pregnancy symptoms. After googling I figured that I was ovulating. Two weeks later and there was no period! A month on and I feel like I could be ovulating again.

I'm not even sure if it's possible to ovulate and not have a period - I would have thought not but it is all very strange. Anyway, that's my story so far.

Oh and I was on depoprovera before. When I came off it it took me two months to get a period and then my cycle was back to normal.

Thanks for the messages everyone. Been to the docs and he has put me on microgynon for 2 months, he says he hopes this will kickstart my own cycles again so fingers crossed it does. x

I was on the depo for 5 years and it took me two and half years to concieve after coming off. I had pretty regular periods for the whole time as well. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->