NTNP - do you symptom spot too?

Widger

Mummy at last
Reaction score
Ok so we've decided to NTNP for baby number 2 and after my history of mcs before my son it has been really nice this month to just go with the flow. After a long slog trying to have my first baby I just didn't want to get into ovulation sticks etc.

So far so good BUT I'm already symptom spotting in 2WW and it is only the first month :dohh:

Am I the only one?

I'm prob about 8/9 dpo.... I think. I'm just guessing.

Yes i'm always symptom spotting especially as i dont know if and when AF will arrive. I think its only natural if your DTD with out protection to think that 'what if this could be the month'.
good luck x

I have no idea how many DPOs I am, and I'm reeeeally trying not to....but yes I am symptom spotting. And this is my first cycle off BC so I don't even know what a normal cycle feels like anymore.

That doesn't stop me from googling "early pregnancy symptoms" every time I get a twinge or feel tired, etc. For something that will change my life so dramatically, it's hard not to be curious!

I did, but don't anymore as everything becomes a symptom and I don't want to get too wound up :) x

I'm trying to stay cool and relaxed so far as I only came off bc in May and only started NTNP since the beginning of this month.
Also I had nearly every pregnancy symptom in April and wasn't pregnant (stupid cerazette mucking me up) and I have CFS so could generally get symptoms akin to pregnancy now and then (i.e. nausea, tiredness, etc.) so if I symptom spot I'd probably be paranoid all the time, lol.
However, I can't help but notice I haven't had a period since coming off bc and my boobs are sooo sore but I do keep reminding myself that it probably is my body adjusting to coming off bc.

I find it hard not to! If i have a funny twinge or an ache i will sit there wondering 'what if this is it' ... Its all too exciting to not symptom spot and hope for that :bfp:

:flower:

Last month I did, but this month I'm way more relaxed about it. I think it's true that 1st Cycle you watch for everything, because you're not sure what's normal. I'm on my 2nd cycle now, 3rd since BCP and I'm wondering if things have settled down for me now.

Thanks girls.

It's hard not to symptom spot when you get things happening to your body. I have been bloated, gassy, ravenous (even at night) and had pink spotting - I'm not due till Tuesday...... and it is all probably going to amount to nothing :haha:

Normally, I would say "no"...

(lol, what am I saying? "normally" this is my first month NTNP, but anyway... )

We DTD last night and today I've been feeling twingy in the uterus area, and a bit tight across the abdomen. I can't help wondering if it was "it" haha! I'm just being mental, but even so....

Thanks girls. Good to know I'm not only one. I have been having quite a lot of symptoms that I remember having with my son so maybe I could be. Will hold off testing until AF due though. Arrghhh forgotten how crazy the 2WW can make you.

I certainly symptom spot and the only way I can keep from driving myself crazy is to try and rationalize how what I am feeling is just an AF symptom. :haha: It makes me feel more sane. :winkwink:

:witch: got me 3 days early!!! Why was I so convinced I was pregnant?

I will NOT symptom spot next month............ well, I'm going to try anyway.

Ugh! Sorry :witch: got you. You were probably convinced because almost every PG symptom is also an AF symptom. It sucks.

So today is CD1 for you? I think it's going to be for me too. :dust: this month and every month is takes, which hopefully won't be many.

It was CD1 yesterday.... you are not out yet then. FXd for you

I try very hard not to symptom spot but I'm not successful at it. This is our first month trying too and I keep over analyzing the slightest twinge down there or cramp, lol, it's really bad. I'm not to the point of obsessing yet but I can't help but hope that the next "symptom" really and truly is just that!

It was CD1 yesterday.... you are not out yet then. FXd for you

I was right, yesterday was CD1 for me. Just spotting yesterday but she came on full force overnight. I am having bad lower back pains with this one so I hope she doesn't stay long. Good luck to you next month! :dust:

Hell yeah! I can't stop it! I am in the 2ww right now, I think! As we're NTNP I haven't taken my temp or anything scientific, also my cycle seems to have shortened to 24days after 2 yrs on Mirena coil so it's all guesswork! I have AF/PG symptoms each time and cannot help googling them. I keep asking my OH 'do my boobs look bigger?' he gives me an odd look! I'm just excited as it's the first time I've actually decided to NTNP with anyone. I want to be actively TTC but OH says to let things happen. Men are annoying! I keep worrying as I'm 34 and if it doesn't 'just happen' by the time we seek help I may be too old for IVF etc. I am jumping the gun probably but I feel so ready NOW! Every little twinge, craving, wave of tiredness etc equals a baby to my addled brain right now! I completely understand what you are all saying, believe me!! We can't all be nuts...:winkwink:

:haha: Clara Cluck that made me laugh. I think it was my first month TTC # 2 so was convinced so I'm hoping that it eases next month. I don't take temp or anything either but I did do ovulation sticks previously. Just to check the sorts of times I would ovulate. Not every month. Maybe you could do that on the sly one month.... just to have some idea :winkwink:

Ha ha! That may be a good idea Widger! Or I was thinking of getting a book on fertility, I hear there are a few good ones out there, and maybe stRt temping under the guise that 'I'm just interested in understanding my body' !! We'll see what happens.

If anyone can recommend any books please let me know! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->