NTNP for 8 years after 2 years of TTC with low sperm count, still no success. Is there any hope?

Melts1

Reaction score
my husband and I have been together for a long time we started trying to conceive at an extremely young age. Way to young and I am happy that it didn’t happen at that time but it was heartbreaking to find out that he had a low sperm count I can’t remember the exact count but I think it was something like 8,000 per ml. Anyway we tried very hard for two years. Tried all the natural remedies and tracking ovulation and it was horrible. It controlled my life and I hated it. We were young and there was no reason that we shouldn’t be able to conceive but month after month it just didn’t happen.

Now it has been 8 years of not trying not preventing. We have 100 percent given up, and it’s nice because I have my life back I don’t wait every month anxious about all the possible symptoms and I no longer take 3 or more pregnancy tests before my expected period and then squint and try it in different lights to imagine that second line being there. I don’t look at pregnant woman with jealousy and anger and I don’t cry at the sight of babies anymore. I have freed myself from that part of it. But every once in a while my period is a few days late and I can’t help but have it cross my mind, “what if we accidentally achieved it this time?”

I don’t like the idea of going through fertility treatments and I couldn’t deal with a donor so I highly doubt that we will ever have our own child and I have come to accept that but I would be lying if I said it doesn’t bother me sometimes to imagine getting to the age where I can no longer have a baby of my own and it officially being over without ever having the experience of pregnancy and raising my own child.

So I guess I’m just wondering if anyone has success stories after a really long time of not trying and not preventing where you just gave up hope and a baby just surprised you.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BabyandBump :)
There are lots of ladies here who have had success after trying for a long time. Hopefully some are still online here to share their stories with you :)

My husband and I started ttc in 2012/13 so about 7 years ago now. We had some periods where we ntnp but pretty much every month was full on, and I really struggled. It actually ruined my life - I never became okay with the idea of not having children and I became seriously depressed and agoraphobic. We had four losses in that time, one of which was in the second trimester. After that (2018) we decided to try IVF and began preparing for that. Well the month we were due to start our first cycle, I was waiting for my period to turn up so we could start the injections. I ended up doing a test fully believing it would be BFN, but I’m now 33 weeks pregnant with our rainbow! Still can’t believe it, no idea how it happened, we just got lucky. So don’t give up hope. from what you’ve said though, maybe fertility treatments would really help as they can find the best sperm and inject them into the egg, which would really help as your husband has a low count.
Wishing you lots of luck.

My husband and I started ttc in 2012/13 so about 7 years ago now. We had some periods where we ntnp but pretty much every month was full on, and I really struggled. It actually ruined my life - I never became okay with the idea of not having children and I became seriously depressed and agoraphobic. We had four losses in that time, one of which was in the second trimester. After that (2018) we decided to try IVF and began preparing for that. Well the month we were due to start our first cycle, I was waiting for my period to turn up so we could start the injections. I ended up doing a test fully believing it would be BFN, but I’m now 33 weeks pregnant with our rainbow! Still can’t believe it, no idea how it happened, we just got lucky. So don’t give up hope. from what you’ve said though, maybe fertility treatments would really help as they can find the best sperm and inject them into the egg, which would really help as your husband has a low count.
Wishing you lots of luck.
Thank you! Congratulations to you! Your story is amazing!
I know what you mean about ruining your life it totally did that to me too I was extremely depressed for the longest time but luckily I have been able to find other things to give my life meaning and take away the pain of not being able to conceive. But sometimes it does still bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->