Ntnp

loulabell

Reaction score
Im thinking of trying to convince the OH to start NTNP for a while before we TTC, his motto is always "If it happens it happens" and he tells me all the time "I would be so happy if you found out you where pregnant but its scary to say we are actually trying"
So I was thinking it wouldn't be scary if we weren't trying but maybe I could come off BC and we could use(or not :winkwink: ) the withdrawal method so we wouldn't be preventing either

what are your thoughts ?
what would your oh think?
any other advice ?

To be honest I don't think I could NTNP, like I would know when I was ovulating and I would defo BD more around that time! I couldn't help it because I just can't wait to have a baby! I don't think I could tell my oh that I was just saying what happens happens when I knew I was trying, I dunno I would feel a bit like I was tricking him! He would so know aswell haha, I don't think he would be bothered though but id rather it was an agreed decision!
Just my opinion if it makes sense! :flower:

To be honest I don't think I could NTNP, like I would know when I was ovulating and I would defo BD more around that time! I couldn't help it because I just can't wait to have a baby! I don't think I could tell my oh that I was just saying what happens happens when I knew I was trying, I dunno I would feel a bit like I was tricking him! He would so know aswell haha, I don't think he would be bothered though but id rather it was an agreed decision!
Just my opinion if it makes sense! :flower:

I complete get what your saying :flower:, I think I would have to force myself not to turn it in to trying , and im totally against tricking him one of my close friends said "just come of your bc and get pregnant" she already has a baby with her partner (was a genuine accident) but im so against tricking someone into to a baby and im pretty sure she would trick her partner which I think is so unfair, I totally think that its a 2 person decision and you cant make that choice for someone because its forever

But I just thought if I take the fear element out then maybe my OH would be ready for me not to be on BC, he tells me all the time how he would love a baby and would love if I found out I was pregnant, but to say we are actually trying is scary and I feel like I don't want to hassle him about babies for fear of putting him off lol to get to the end of the conversation about trying and BC stuff
Men are so confusing :dohh:

If it works out for you like it did us, we NTNP for the month of September and were planning to wait to TTC until December. But.... we both got super anxious and decided to throw caution to the wind and now we're TTC. Just do what you both feel comfortable with.

We NTNP with both of our LO's. With our DS we decided to not use a condom once, kind of testing the waters and "if it is really meant to be it will happen". It did :winkwink:. With our DD we planned when we would start NTNP and it felt more like TTC because we expected to fall pregnant quickly (we had a loss prior to our DS, conceived whilst I was on the pill) and I was more in touch with my cycles (I knew when I was supposed to be ovulating) but there was no stress of timing when we DTD, no temping or anything to distract from just enjoying the excitement of it :). If we have another LO we will definitely go down the NTNP route but if we don't conceive within a few months we'd properly TTC.

We did this a few months back. I took Pregnacare vitamins, stopped tracking my cycles properly, and we stopped pulling out all the time - each month we got less and less careful. I did know when I was ovulating, and my partner knew too (he knows my fertile signals pretty damn well!) - we never officially discussed ttc, but we did discuss how we "could technically" fall pregnant. We knew we fall pregnant really easily, and within a few cycles I was pregnant.

We can't get pregnant until the en of November now, but we have discussed that we "won't pull out all the time" and he told me to go back on the vitamins. But we aren't ttc, right :wink:

He is just nervous about admitting he wants to ttc because of our history - he is quite in denial and really won't get excited about pregnancy until ... Well, until the baby is here I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->