Nub theory, tricky! What do you think?

LittleMack

Reaction score
What do all you nub theorists out there think? This was my dating scan, measured at 13weeks (although I believe I am 12). From experience my body tells me girl, but this scan tells me boy. One looks to be quite boy like, but another which has a more obvious fork could pass as a girl. I also added in a third photo for good measure haha (I flipped it right side up so it's easier to see).

Tricky, tricky! lol

Attachments

• MACDONALDALICIACHRISTINA20130606094645955.jpg
    MACDONALDALICIACHRISTINA20130606094645955.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 36
  • MACDONALDALICIACHRISTINA20130606094705926.jpg
    MACDONALDALICIACHRISTINA20130606094705926.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 33
  • MACDONALDALICIACHRISTINA20130606094722628.jpg
    MACDONALDALICIACHRISTINA20130606094722628.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 28
I'm not bril at these but I'm Guna say girl cause everyone says boy with my 13 week scan and I think the skull is different

Thanks for the feedback guys :) Very interesting... quite a different response from another site I was on recently haha :p

Any other guessers?

Maria, it's hard to say because there isn't a clear shot of the nub... But everything seems to be running horizontally... so my guess is girl!

:pink:

I'm a newbie when it comes to gender guesses though :blush:

Thanks for your guess! I'm new to it too, I got a self taught crash course last night haha. I'm still on the fence but leaning towards boy. The "nub" seems to tilt up a but. Ideally you look for a fork, two white lines. You can see that the best in the second photo. Girls usually run in line with the spine. (in the most obvious girl photos it looks like Ann extension if the belly) Butttt if there's a curve in the spine it can look tiled up haha. Ohh dear!

The nub theory throws me off so badly lol. Buuuut looking at the skull I say girl.

Due to the angle i would say boy forsure..... ( it has a 90 degree angle and is not horizontal to the spine)... but that being said sometime when the baby is not in the right position it can cause the nub to become angled

What are the guidelines with the skull theory? I read a bit about it but wasn't sure how accurate it was?

Junebug, my thought exactly!

I'm not 100% sure, its mainly based on the roundness or the flatness of the forehead, if it kind of slopes, then its a girl, if its rounded out, then its a boy.:shrug: From what I understood anyway

What are the guidelines with the skull theory? I read a bit about it but wasn't sure how accurate it was?

Junebug, my thought exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->