• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nuchal scan! :D

17pregnant

Reaction score
So I had my nuchal scan today. A little on the later side of things seeing as i'm 13 + 4 (well apparently the gestational age is a few days further ahead than EDD but close enough). Was AMAZING! Loved every single second of it, so did OH. He was gobsmacked the whole time, and grinning from ear to ear. Asking the technician all these questions was adorable :) LO was being very difficult hehe. Was turned the wrong way, facing every way except where the technician wanted bubs! Doing flips and moving every which way, seeing the heart beat and everything else. Little alien face hehe gosh i'm still ecstatic from it. Now just need to wait for the results, which I was worried about but now I just can't imagine anything would be wrong with that perfect little angel I saw today <3 Do any of you girls remember the nuchal translucency measurements you got? Just curious. Here are some photos :flower:

Attachments

• GROET-PAIRAMAEVITA20130419104027938.jpg
    GROET-PAIRAMAEVITA20130419104027938.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 11
  • GROET-PAIRAMAEVITA20130419103334692.jpg
    GROET-PAIRAMAEVITA20130419103334692.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 10
  • GROET-PAIRAMAEVITA20130419103241507.jpg
    GROET-PAIRAMAEVITA20130419103241507.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 11
What beautiful baby :)
I never had any early scans as when I found out I was about 16 weeks xx

What beautiful baby :)
I never had any early scans as when I found out I was about 16 weeks xx

:D Thank you!! He or she just made my heart melt today and I felt like I fell in love all over again <3 You found out you were pregnant when you were already 16 weeks along? Wow :) xx

your babys beautiful :) absolutely gorgeous :) sounds like everything went great, Congrats!!:) i was 14 weeks and 3 days at my first scan because i told my when i was 10 weeks 5 days so it took us some time to get insurance for me and baby then get appointment :) but i got a nuchal scan just didnt get a full one because some of the tests that they usually do i was to far along to get but everything came back terrific and im sure everything is terrific with your baby:) >>>>> this is my 14 week 3 day scan:)

Attachments

• baby sonogram 12 21 12 001.jpg
    baby sonogram 12 21 12 001.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
  • baby sonogram 12 21 12 002.jpg
    baby sonogram 12 21 12 002.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
your babys beautiful :) absolutely gorgeous :) sounds like everything went great, Congrats!!:) i was 14 weeks and 3 days at my first scan because i told my when i was 10 weeks 5 days so it took us some time to get insurance for me and baby then get appointment :) but i got a nuchal scan just didnt get a full one because some of the tests that they usually do i was to far along to get but everything came back terrific and im sure everything is terrific with your baby:) >>>>> this is my 14 week 3 day scan:)

Thankyou hun! :D Oh so you were abit far hey. What did they check for you though? Aaaah thank you I so hope so babe! I mean i'm studying health so I kinda knew everything she was looking for and looking at and the nuchal translucency measured at around 1.5 mm which is normal but I still have to wait for the results and still worry of course hehe. Beautiful pics darling! Your girl is and will be gorgeous xx

SO ADORABLE! I hope everything is super okay with him/her :D :flower:

SO ADORABLE! I hope everything is super okay with him/her :D :flower:

Thanks sweets :) So do I, but i'm sure everything is! Probably worrying for nothing because deep down I trust everything will be fine :) x

Yep! I suspected I was prwgnant as I hadn't gitten my period. After a month i took a test, negative. Another month. Nothing!
I just figured it was my period acting up as last year i missed a period for almost five months and was not pregnant. So i put it to that. I figyred "omg this is happening again why waste time going to the doctor?" And then after a while i thought wtf is going on with me. Went out and bought a test and it came.up positive. So i bought another test haha.
But when I went to doctor they confirmed, he had a strong heart beat and I was just so overwhelmed and suprized and scared and whatnot.
They also don't know why it came up negative for such a along time!
I was so scared because I hadn't been acting like a pregnant lady. I had be lifting heavy stuff and under a lot if stress and whatnot.
I couldn't explain why the smell of cigarettes or alcohol made me want to comit but they honestly just did.
It was my bodies way of telling me to stay away from that stuf for bubba even tho i hadn't known he was there :)
Now I have a perfectly healthy one week old baby :)
Ps, I wish I had found out sooner because I didn't get my early scans or any thing :( i wish i could've seen Noah when he looked like a little popcorn :'(
Sorry for the long story lol haha ^.^

Yep! I suspected I was prwgnant as I hadn't gitten my period. After a month i took a test, negative. Another month. Nothing!
I just figured it was my period acting up as last year i missed a period for almost five months and was not pregnant. So i put it to that. I figyred "omg this is happening again why waste time going to the doctor?" And then after a while i thought wtf is going on with me. Went out and bought a test and it came.up positive. So i bought another test haha.
But when I went to doctor they confirmed, he had a strong heart beat and I was just so overwhelmed and suprized and scared and whatnot.
They also don't know why it came up negative for such a along time!
I was so scared because I hadn't been acting like a pregnant lady. I had be lifting heavy stuff and under a lot if stress and whatnot.
I couldn't explain why the smell of cigarettes or alcohol made me want to comit but they honestly just did.
It was my bodies way of telling me to stay away from that stuf for bubba even tho i hadn't known he was there :)
Now I have a perfectly healthy one week old baby :)
Ps, I wish I had found out sooner because I didn't get my early scans or any thing :( i wish i could've seen Noah when he looked like a little popcorn :'(
Sorry for the long story lol haha ^.^

OMG! That is insane hun! Bloody hell you must've been the most unlucky person getting all the faulty tests :p It would've been bubba warning you away from them. Our bodies have a weird way of doing things! And your blessed with a perfect little miracle, which by the way congrats, even though I think I said that on your birth story :) Your pregnancy must've felt super fast though! Hehe today my bubs looked less like a popcorn and more like a alien face :p

Aww wow you photos are much better quality than mine were! Gosh my 12 week scan was almost exactly 18 months ago! So I may be wrong but the measurement was 1.6mm I think! :flower:

Aww wow you photos are much better quality than mine were! Gosh my 12 week scan was almost exactly 18 months ago! So I may be wrong but the measurement was 1.6mm I think! :flower:

I didn't expect them to look this clear! Wow a while ago now huh :) Awww yay so my memory serves me right and my 1.5mm is in the normal range seeing as your little boy is perfect :flower:

well normally the would have done a down syndrome test but i was to far along but i got tons of things checked out for her like a huge list, hemophilia, blood platelets and such to make sure she was healthy, everything came back fine and im sure you have nothing to worry about:)

Thanks hun :) I really am blessed. When I went for my first scan he already had a spine and I remember crying with OH holding me screaming. Omg he has a spine! I was hysterical, for sure that something would happen to him.
He's my little crying poopi.g miracle bahahaha.
And you're right, I wish I had enjoyed it more.
Everyone told meto enhoy my pregnancy but who could enjoy that and patiently wait to meet their bubby?! :( I think its the best advice one could give you. <3

well normally the would have done a down syndrome test but i was to far along but i got tons of things checked out for her like a huge list, hemophilia, blood platelets and such to make sure she was healthy, everything came back fine and im sure you have nothing to worry about:)

Yeah, you would've had the screening like mine hey. But so glad everything was well with your girl anyway :) And I truly hope that everythings ok with my bubs :) x

Thanks hun :) I really am blessed. When I went for my first scan he already had a spine and I remember crying with OH holding me screaming. Omg he has a spine! I was hysterical, for sure that something would happen to him.
He's my little crying poopi.g miracle bahahaha.
And you're right, I wish I had enjoyed it more.
Everyone told meto enhoy my pregnancy but who could enjoy that and patiently wait to meet their bubby?! :( I think its the best advice one could give you. <3

Ohhhh hun that is so precious! It is the little things, like simply seeing babies spine :) He sounds wonderful! Well your pregnancy may have gone super fast but you now have the best gift anyone could possibly have x

That is a seriously cute baby you there! What a clear 12 week scan ... wow! :)
I am sure you have nothing to worry about .. you are young after all :)

Good luck ! Happy and healthy 9 months!

cute scan :)
congratulations, im sure everything will be fine :happydance:

That is a seriously cute baby you there! What a clear 12 week scan ... wow! :)
I am sure you have nothing to worry about .. you are young after all :)

Good luck ! Happy and healthy 9 months!

Thank you so much :) I know was really happy could see everything. I think everything will be fine too, it's been nice getting reassurance like this :)

cute scan :)
congratulations, im sure everything will be fine :happydance:

Thankyou :) I'm sure it will be too :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back