Number of embryo implanted ??

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Did anyone here only have 1 embryo implanted ? My dr says that because of my age they only put 1 in, but I think I would personally feel more comfortable with 2 being put back in, I understand there are more likely to be complications with multiple pregnancies and this is the reasons, but I would feel more comfortable with twins than I would be with a failed cycle

Anyone else felt a similar way ?

How many embryos did you have and did you because pregnant?

We insisted on a single embryo transfer last year, even though the dr wanted us to do two. Grading 4bc. I had a beautiful son. Fast forward to today- we had 2 frosties but again insisted on a single transfer. The embie that they transferred is the same grade as my son was. The other embie was a 12 cell morula which we could have transferred but didn't want the chance of twins, so since the quality was not good enough to refreeze we donated that one to scientific research. We'll know in a week if I'm pregnant again.

Will your dr allow you to transfer 2? I hope you get to make the choice you're comfortable with, as I was! I just put my foot down and got what I wanted, our drs are quite accommodating.

We transferred one in 2013, and it worked.

We transferred anywhere from 1-3. We had one son from 2 out back in 2013. We had 1 sonfrom 3 pit back in 12/2015. But my history sucks with multiple miscarriages and chemicals.
The risk of twins is a real risk. You should start with 1 and if it fails then go to 2: u less thisnis your only shot then do 2.
Also consider what factors for infertility are at play.

If you're more comfortable with twins (and possible complications in a twin pregnancy) than a possible failed cycle, then I think that's the voice you should listen to. That's how I felt for my first cycle and we transferred two. In my case, both implanted, but one stopped growing early on and I just had one baby.

We're trying again now with just one embryo at a time, mostly because I'm afraid of complications. But I was in your boat the first time around, and I think that was the right decision at that time. If you feel strongly about it, then I hope your doctor will honor that.

We have done two FETs. The first time we transferred 2 embryos and only 1 took, The second time we transferred 2 embryos and only 1 took so in my experience I'd recommend transferring 2 embryos.

Hi Lucy!
We transferred 1 embie for our FET, and it was successful.
Im 30 this year, and my clinic insists that the younger you are, the chance of successful implantation is higher, therefore they do not like to put back more than 1 embie. I hope this helps xxx
Best of luck hun

We did one for the fresh cycle and 2 for our frozen and none of them took but we have fallen pregnant naturally twice since then..it's not an exact science and anything can happen, do your research and make a decision you're happy with then prepare yourself for all possible outcomes. Good luck!!

We transferred 1 embryo for our fresh ivf which was a bfn
We transferred 2 embryos for our fet which was a bfp and we had twins😍😍

2013- my first IVF was a fresh cycle, and we put two in and both took, resulting in healthy twins!
2014-15-then i had two failed FET, each i only put one in, then a third FET i put 2 in, and one took and have a sweet DD from that.
2017 i had a failed FET, also with just 1 put in, then a second FET with 1 put in and it took! 12 weeks pregnant.
so varied each time for me.
unless this is your only chance, i would try 1 at a time. but i don't regret my twinnes, i was just surprised that both took with all my fertility issues.

I also feel that if you are comfortable with having twins than I would personally insist on having 2 implanted. You are paying a lot of money for the process in the first place. If you get twins or a single, you will be happy. If you don't get anything then I am sure it will hurt a lot more.

Hi! We passed ivf with de last year. And that was one of the crusial moments to decide how many to put back. Finally we transferred 2. You'll probably get lots of different responses. If you're healthy and are okay with twins. I personally believe it's your decision. Obviously, there are risks but many go on to have twins with no issues. For us it was sth like boosting chances. We transferred 2 but only got pregnant with 1. Unfortunately, I lost him very early. Though both they were excellent 5 day blasts. I think for some its a financial decision also. Can you afford more than one transfer, etc. For us, it was just the way it was. Best of luck!;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->