numbness

Mrs_Grissom

Reaction score
I had an emergency c section 5 weeks ago and my tummy is still numb, just wondering if this normal and how long it lasts x

hi. my tummy still has the numb feeling my last c/s was 16 years ago . i think it dont go away :flower:

5 years after my section and my tummy is still numb about two inches around the whole scar.

ooh bloody hell lol, thanks girls. not sure how that makes me feel lol but thanks x

Mine isn't numb anymore, and my son is almost 4 months old, so it might not last forever! :thumbup:

My EMCS was 2 years ago and the skin right around the scar is still kinda numb feeling.

Some nerve damage is normal, but if its your whole tummy speak with your Dr.

I'm glad you asked this as I was wondering too :) mine is numb right around it and then slightly tender up to about my belly button, but that sensitivity has been getting less and less as time is going on. X x

Hi Hun,

my understanding is that the numbness is caused by the fact that nerves have been severed in order to get to the uterus. These nerves will grow back but how long this takes is impossible to determine. My section was 11 weeks ago and the numbness is still there although improving every week x

I think it took around 6 months for the numbness to go for me but as it was 11 yrs ago Im not too sure but I can say I have no numbness at all now a days...well I guess that will soon change lol!

Im still slightly numb but its mostly sore...I have read it can vary from each person some people still have some numbness forever and some it goes back to normal.

I had 2 sections - 5yrs a part. It took about 2yrs after the 1st section for the numbness to go away. It's been 16mos since my 2nd section and numbness is still there, but it's significantly better than it was a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->