nursery or childminder???

kerry 20

Reaction score
i am lookin to go back to work in the next few months. and i was wondering what would be better for a 6 month old baby, a nursery or a childminder? does anyone also know how i would go about gettin funding for childcare? x

its up to you hun, every one has got the who is the best but the only one who will no is u. why don't u go and go round some ur local nurserys and have a look, and some of the child minders as well.

Thats yout own decision hun, everyone is different and both nurseries and childminders have good and bad points. I personally am not keen on a nursery environment and would much sooner my son be in a home environment. You maybe able to have a childminder for abit less than what a nursery may cost you. What i like best about child minders is that they try keep with you and your child's routine..where as in a nursery everything is set to a schedule ie nappy changing time @ 11am... lunch at 12 etc..which is silly really because not all babies are going to have the same eating scedule! I would know, as i have worked as a childminder and also in a nursery. Also i think a childminder is likely to give your child more attention than a nursery and helps him/her to learn manners and respect for other people, thier homes etc. The contract works the same thoughfor both settings for most childminders as in you pay for set hours-whether you bring your child or not, just like a nursery-you have to book the child in, cant just call the night before and say' i need you to take him/her on a thursday aswel as monday this week. Many people forget this and use childminders as more of a babysitter lol. Entireley your choice hun! x

i was swaying more towards childminder to be honest , since they are only allowwed 1 baby, whereas a nursey has a few so i think he would get more attention . wish i didnt have to go back to work but need the money x

Childminders could have up to 6 children under the age of 8 (3 under 5's or 1 under 12 months & 3 over 5's).

My Son started Nursery at 7 months and he absolutely loves it.

They have 3 babies between 6 months and 2 years to one minder but they are rarely at full capacity so he gets a lot of one to one attention and cuddles.
He also has a wide variety of toys to play with and lots of little friends.

It's your decision but make sure you look around plenty of places and ask as many questions as you can think of.

This website will show local Childminders/Nurseries and give you an idea of costs etc
https://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/index.asp

With regards to financial help, you can always ring the Tax Credit people up once you have an idea of costs.

Cx

My aunt and uncle do childminding, and ive met the kids they watch and they love it so much. They take note of your routine and follow it so as to not mess it up and are are always keeping the kids happy and busy!

To help with fund for childcare in sure its inland revenue you contact xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->