Nursery

suzanne108

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm actually asking this question and I'm only about half way through pregnancy, but here goes....

My friend owns a nursery which I will probably be using when I come back to work after maternity leave in Sept/Oct 2010. He's told me that I need to get my name down pretty soon as baby places get taken quite quickly. So, when I'm off for a weeks holiday in Sept I'm gonna go look at it then hopefully get babys name down.

Anyone else been looking at nurseries or have their names down for them? :shrug:

I suppose its better to be prepared but....it all seems a bit too soon!! xx

No, want to make other changes ... see how it goes first...

No but thats because I wont require a nursery place. If you do need one because you will be working and you have to get the name down quickly because places go then maybe its advisable to do so.
you could always wait til after baby arrives before putting his/her name down...afterall that should still give at least 8 months advance.

I've been doing that since last week....really trying to find one near our home so DH can pick baby up on evenings b4 I get home.....I've found about 4 in my area....It's always funny to me when they ask how old baby is and I answer...Oh, she's not born yet!!!

Glad I'm not the only one :)

I felt it was all a bit too soon...suppose there is no harm in it though!!

I'm on my own so can't be relying on other people to pick him/her up...therefore I need one close to work but also near to my mum & dads (just in case hehe!) and this one is a pretty good location.

It'd be lovely to stay at home with them though :( wish I had the option!! xx

I'm a stay at home mommy, but good luck on your search!

I too will be going back around July/August 2010 and will need a nursery place 2.5 days a week.

There are really only 2 in my area and once has a massive waiting list. Was therefore planning next month to go in and look at them both and then get my name on a list!!

One of them is a SureStart nursery so would like to get in that one if poss as I have hear they are very good.

I will look into SureStart - never heard of it! My friends nursery was examined today by Ofsted though and they got an outstanding grade :)

I'll only be working 16 hours a week so thankfully I will still get to spend plenty time with the LO...I think nursery does them good. Although I would still love to be a stay at home mummy hehe :D xx

GIRLSSSSS ....
Please please make sure you look properly, and ask as many details as possible, because ive worked in 3 nurserys now, and the 1 tht im currently working at is utterly horrible!!! Id never let my child go thre but we have to be all smiles to the parents n pretend theyve had soooo much fun, but the reality is that its a 12 baby place and even tho the ratio's 1 to 3, they only get to do everything 1nce, like creative time, and story time, outside play, messy play, etc, i dont think this is fair, so pleaseeeeeee ladies, take a proper look, ask about food as well becuase our boss says that we have homemade food but its brought it from a cafe near the bloody bypass, and the lil babies dont get it blended they just have packet mix! it makes me so sad :( xxx

Oh no...don't put me off!!!!

There are only 4 baby places in the baby room at the nursery I'm hoping to send my LO too. At first I thought this might not be a good thing as they wouldn't be mixing with many kids, but now I'm thinking it might be good as they'll get more attention etc!!

I will be doing a thorough inspection when I go next week!! Thanks for the word of warning :) xx

id definitely go for the four baby placemnet one, i did my training with a 4 baby nursery and it was amazing!! its enough social skills until they are 18 months, and then they have lots more friends when they move up to the next room :) xx

Oh gosh I didn't realise I'd need to think about getting her name down for nursery places already ( a bit silly of me really as I've worked in a nursery before). I wish so much that I could stay at home with her but I can't so I guess I'd better start looking as she will need a place for 2 days a week from next Sept.

Just to add, Where i live just now, people book up SCHOOLS 4 years in advance!!!

dont mean to scare you, you should prob check the waiting time in your area.

I amnt looking into nurseries just now, because im hoping to be a at home childminder or get a job in the nursery my child goes too, or somesort of childcare where it can incorporate my little girly. :D

OMG I can see what you're saying but I feel crazy enough looking at nursery places for my unborn child :) I will have to start looking into schools when baby is here!!!

My nephew is 2 and my sister doesn't have his name down anywhere, I better warn her! xx

oohh I am sooo glad I dont have to worry about this (and paying for twins ekkk how would you manage if you had to have them in full time nursery!!) I am very lucky in that I work for myself at home so very twins friendly

Oh god paying for twins would be horrendous. I can't believe the fees some nurseries charge!!!

Oh god paying for twins would be horrendous. I can't believe the fees some nurseries charge!!!

its about a grand a mont each isnt it for full time new borns? ha ha can you imagine two grand a month nursery fees - definitely wouldnt be worth going back to work - so glad I dont have that dilema

My god!!! Not sure how much it is to put them in full time. My sister has my nephew in 3 full days a week and costs her £400/month!

Luckily I'll only need about 20 hours a week. 4 x mornings hopefully :) and as I'm single I can claim a lot of the nurseries fees back! xx

And with the government saying that this year is a record year for births, the places at nurseries and schools is going to be quite competitive for our little ones!!

I've had a quote for a local nursery and it is £180 per week and then when Bubs is 2 years old it goes down to £155 per week (I live in Essex). I wish I could afford to not have to work, but such is life!

We're going to check it out in the next couple of weeks and then put Bub's name down quickly! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->