Nursing bra recommendations?

LoveCakes

Reaction score
I'm going to a breast feeding workshop on Wednesday at my hospital then thought I'd continue my booby day by getting a few nursing bras.

I was a 36dd before but went up to an f cup by 8 weeks and have stayed there since. I know they will change size when my milk comes in but wanted one or two for the early days.

Any particular features that are good rather than brands as I want to try them on. All advice appreciated!

Its more about preference really.

You will need to decide between an A frame and a sling style. The sling style is one strip of material that sits on the outer of the breast so when you unclip your breast is essentially unsupported. The A frame is material that remains around your breast. This is a hard one and I would suggest getting one of each to try. I went from a D to a F with my first and always used an A frame as I thought the support would be great. However, with my second I went from a DD to FF/G and feel the A frames are restrictive and tight when my breasts are full and prefer the sling. I don't know if this is a size issue with the manufacturer not really allowing for a fuller breast at the bigger sizes or just me changing what I like.

My fave bra at the mo is one I got for night time when I was leaking lots. Its made from a stretchy woven material and is super soft and doesn't really feel like a bra.

Last time I got hotmilk bra's and they were fantastic full cup coverage, but were a bit more difficult to get full breasts out of because of the coverage. I got them again this time, but as I said I find the A frame's a bit of a pain this time around.

I didn't get underwires (all my non-nursing bra's are underwire) because it has been linked to mastitis by restricting the flow where the wire is.

I am just living in nursing singlets mostly with the shelf bra in it with a big thick elastic support. Way more comfy than any bra and with more give than my bra's, except for my night one.

I bought a size up on both my back and cup and they fitted fine after my boobs settled.

I bought some from debenhams the other day as they were on sale. I also like mine slightly padded for comfort xx

Before ds was born I found some on sale so got a few of the ones that loon like regular bras but unclipped and fold down. I wore then when I started bf'ing and hated them. I just found them uncomfortable. Now I wear the cotton ones. They have no support at all, im in a triple d, but are most comfortable and easiest to bf in imo. I got them at macys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->